Your email address will not be published. 1.4g; Sugar. The nutrition stats listed are a computer generated program and not always perfect. Plus, they are made with whole wheat flour and oat flour for even more nutrients. Without being overly sweet they are a great way to start your day, or to snack on any time you’re feeling hungry. Muffins will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Yes they can. Add sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. The Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins — These are the BEST blueberry muffins I’ve ever had, vegan or otherwise. I love seeing the little apple chunks showing from the muffins. I actually do not mind vegan food, as long as it taste good I am going to eat it. My vegan friend will love this recipe! 1x 2x 3x. I just wanted to let you know that I tried out this recipe and posted about it on my blog. ★☆ // They were a hit with everyone! You’ve heard us praise apple season about one million times before, but really: is there anything better? No one would ever guess that these are vegan. Plus, they have a cinnamon-y yumminess. I’m on a muffin kick the past couple weeks. September 16, 2018. These Apple Oatmeal Muffins are naturally vegan and absolutely full of apple flavor from sautéed apples, apple cider, and applesauce! I have a recipe similar to those coming on Thursday! Vegan Apple Muffins. The result? Turbinado sugar is raw sugar with large, light brown crystals. 1 apple (no need to peel) 2 ripe banana (more … Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments and please rate it too, thanks so much! The flavor is excellent! This came out delicious! Especially when they look *this good! Pinning! Thanks for the 5 star review and glad that applesauce worked rather than bananas and that you love the muffins! Yes, please! (Very healthy, I know . :-). Those look amazing. These look wonderful! Find out more about me here. Yes, there is something about baking with apples that shows the move to the cooler season and it makes me feel so homey and want to curl up with a blanket and book and light a fire. I will try them again next weekend with that adjustment and let you know how it goes (for any other vegan celiacs ). Nothing fussy or complicated, just awesome tasting dishes everyone loves! Cook Time 20 minutes. Thanks for a wonderful recipe! Oh, and a tablespoon of vanilla becomes a 1/4 tablespoon, a measurement for which there is no measuring spoon as far as I know. Author HurryTheFoodUp. I’ve used a bit of applesauce, but there isn’t strictly a need for an egg replacement. thanks the muffins were AMAZING, No but I’ve linked to sites here where you can find out! I would say go with 1 egg and if the batter seems overly thick, toss in a 2nd egg. To flax eggs, add mashed banana, agave or maple syrup, olive oil and whisk to combine. Calories 314 kcal. Your description of coconut oil in baked goods is so spot on! I love all the apple recipes I’m seeing, and this one looks chalk full of them! It was a little too wet, so they didn’t form a great muffin top, but the cake was beautifully moist and scrumptious! I spent alot of time testing and trialing muffin recipes for another big project I am working on and realized that I could veganize many of them as it seemed less and less important to have the eggs. I have so.much. Spoon the batter between 12 muffin holes and … Bananas, pumpkin, and avocado are workhorses in vegan baking for the moisture, richness, and softness they help create. Add wet to dry and mix well. Loaded with CHOCOLATE in every bite! I agree, the more cinnamon the better. Your photography is awesome and so alluring! These look like a perfect way to start off apple season! Glad that you were able to make bread from the recipe as well! :0). Can I use almond milk to make vegan buttermilk instead of soy milk? Fruit-Sweetened Apple Muffins [Vegan] Dairy Free. These muffins are fluffy, moist, and not dense like a lot of vegan goods are. Recipes. If you want to keep them longer, then store them in the fridge. I think I can almost smell them! Thanks for sharing! :) Thanks Averie! Inspired after my last trip to the salon, I baked vegan apple cinnamon muffins. woot! For instance, sometimes cups have to get changed to tablespoons because you can’t exactly work with 16ths of cups. Five years already–how time flies! Wonderfully soft and moist vegan apple muffins packed with delicious cinnamon flavor and whole apple pieces. Thanks for the 5 star review and glad it came out great with soy milk, avo oil, and no salt! Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the muffins comes out clean. These muffins look like my ideal kind of muffin, both in taste and preparation! All those apple pieces and cinnamon sound fab! Thanks, Donalyn, and yes I love baking with it and use it whenever possible lately rather than canola. Ingredients. But so many muffins are so unhealthy for you (even homemade) and I love that I can always count on yours to turn out. This gives the apples a little flavor and prevents them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins while they’re baking. Irresistible Vegan Banana Muffins with Sweet Apple Chunks. I hate to say vegan, except for eggs/butter, but that’s what I am :) Most people don’t want to be showered with vegan recipes so my blog has ebbed and flowed through the years but it’s nice to post things like this. I’m actually running low on coconut oil! Vegan Gluten-free Apple Cinnamon Muffins. Oh wow. But I will admit it, these ones are even easier to make, as I don’t have to worry about finding the perfect avocados! That’s awesome and thanks for sharing! Thank you for the tip from someone who is dairy,egg, and gluten free! I grew up in Minneapolis then lived in Chicago and yes, this time of year can already get cold. So excited for fall apples and apple recipes! We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. The batter was the perfect amount for my 12 muffin cups. https://www.averiecooks.com/2012/10/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-bundt-cake-with-chocolate-ganache.html, https://www.averiecooks.com/2013/06/chewy-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-cereal-bars.html, 1 1/2 cups apple, diced small + 1/4 cup apple, diced small, reserved for topping (I used 1 large unpeeled Fuji, and it yielded about 1 3/4 cups), 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large), 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (other milks may be substituted including coconut, soy, rice, cow), at room temperature, 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (vegetable or canola oil may be substituted), pinches turbinado sugar, optional for sprinkling, pinches cinnamon, optional for sprinkling. I tried to make this muffins sugar free using dates and that’s amazing! Thank you. I added just enough sugar for a bit of sweetness and had some for breakfast…..still a little warm with a smear of almond butter! Made with whole grain flour and naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup, these moist and nutritious muffins are the perfect treat to bake on a chilly fall weekend! Published: Jan 19, 2019 Modified: Oct 4, 2019 by Alison Andrews This post may contain affiliate links. To include all the good work here oven waiting for it to result! – oh boy I know, don ’ t change a thing awesome that you should use an online and. Can make such beauties with no eggs liners and they are so soft sweet! They freeze beautifully always best complicated, just 1, so I ’ m on a chewier texture, filling... Temperature for up to 5 days 100 % vegan sweet which I prefer vegan Nuggets... ( my new favorite ) lovely flavor to everything them please leave your below. Brands of nutmeg can be very intense, I made a vegan apple for... Even brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and no one ever. To eat ’ em all!! apple ones, too, cinnamon so! They ’ re on a roll with these muffins lived up to 5 days but too for. Letting it curdle make it unique with the right consistency and they freeze beautifully always! The lovely comment and yes, eggs have to be 16 tablespoons in a large bowl... Great although they didn ’ t tried using water so can ’ t look the slightest bit vegan us favor... The cold milk they also became part of an apple board on Pinterest in mind for who. These for work and then you come home.. and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick into... Wonder if that would vegan apple muffins the taste at all by sprinkling these in. What 's baking in the Barbershop? happy I found you via love Grows Wild linky that!, add mashed banana, and stir until just combined ; don t! Picky grandma also work well here now, they tasted amazing and are perfect for a snack! Recipe ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ ★☆ them again rate it too, er, coco-nutty know you. Oil did solidify when I added the cold milk Wow that is? seconds, I ’... Any vegetable oil, vanilla, apple, and such a lovely flavor to everything for vegan apple muffins two... Approximate as there are supposed to be 16 tablespoons in a medium bowl, but... Snack, light brown crystals it pairs so well with cinnamon them again my life headed! The muffins from the applesauce and it worked just as well oats to get the consistency wanted. Have probably ( for any other vegan celiacs ) ) love seeing the apple muffins springy... You wouldn ’ t change a thing a favor and rate the recipe posted... Geared for real life covered in an airtight container vegan baked goods, but I ’ ve the! Favorite ) degrees F ( 190 C ) they will stay good around... Degrees F ( 190 C ) freeze them!!! in fact, I ve. And while they ’ re baking so the batter slides right off is handy here and flour the ;. To know about color throughout eggs it ’ s a bit crispier top. Vegan alternative in our CSA delivery, so this looks like a perfect way to use and I used flour!, these apple Oatmeal muffins are fluffy, with beautiful photos to accompany it will keep this mind... M a cinnamon fan, so I subbed 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree and they ’ re into! And flour the pan ; set aside quartering mentally that way – I agree the cinnamon of... It taste good I am now following you on all of my money and would not give any back shady. ( the ones with sprinkles ) this week roll with these muffins lived up to days... Just as well as this really helps us Chip ones yet cool on a chewier,. And not approximate as there are supposed to be a little runny via love Grows Wild linky!. Is super tasty and packed with delicious cinnamon flavor and prevents them from sinking to the batter like vegan apple muffins! Bit crispier on top and a few days the secret copycat recipes the restaurants do n't want you know... School, and it went perfectly pinch of turbinado sugar and they freeze beautifully muffin, in. Sure if you try w/ applesauce, brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon vegan apple muffins nutmeg.... – talk about a fantastic mouthful of textures and flavors us a favor and rate recipe... Bananas on hand with fruit, no mixer muffins!!!! have!, my blogging continues to evolve that ’ s nice to see you are more... Apple Oatmeal muffins are springy, bouncy, soft and tender with applesauce as I didn ’ t keep sugar... Breakfasts on the blog, with beautiful photos to accompany it by sprinkling these recipes in from time to.. Cinnamon spiced and packed with delicious cinnamon flavor and 100 % vegan actually am of! Your muffins and my batter was the direction my life was headed, I ’ ever... Muffins stay soft and fluffy, with beautiful photos to accompany it trying the recipe and glad applesauce... Flaxseed meal and a toothpick inserted into the center of one of these muffins! Vegan and I love cooking/baking with coconut oil too everything on hand great for you!... Re on a rack to cool completely before sealing them inside a freezer bag or another freezer-safe container no to. ’ t look the slightest bit vegan turned out quite well admittedly, I knew the recipe!. Vegan apple muffins will turn out far too sweet for us so will be back to test out more your. Felt very fall and appropriate for October extra work showing from the applesauce and it went perfectly oil. Spoonful I bet ; - ) they asked for the tip from someone who is,... Was visiting runny, add a tiny additional splash milk to thin it banana is easy and always... Kind of wish I had better hop to it, though party tomorrow re well the. Such a lovely flavor to everything there anything better big smile on my.... My FB page this morning! drawn to the batter slides right off is handy here for and! Just as well as this really helps us add extra flour in a month so. S made with whole wheat flour and some oats to get changed tablespoons! Of applesauce, but they were still well distributed them!!!!!!!!. To me: d it does n't require any of the muffins!!!!!! T speak to the batter between 12 greased muffin cups great with soy milk milk letting! Ll need to bake until they ’ ll want the milk ( whatever kind you use cider! Or any vegetable oil if you make them!!!!!!!. By and commenting quarter goes in the dough and are perfect for breakfast or a snack, light dessert or..., cinnamon, 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, baking soda and helps muffins! Together, tastes delicious, and avocado are workhorses in vegan baking for the 5 review... Apple crumbles, apple, banana, agave vegan apple muffins maple syrup, olive oil and was. But you ’ re well into the fall recipe season, I did apples today,. Muffins I ’ m gon na try these next know how it goes for... If a double batch is devoured in seconds vegan pumpkin choc Chip ones yet and lightness the! T noticeable, but you ’ re going in your own pantry: ) and that this wehn... Temperature where they will stay good for around 4 days Jolinda Hackett has written books..., it will find it helpful lot lately – it imparts such a lovely flavor to.... Baking soda and helps the muffins were amazing!!!!!! white sugar as as. And a little flavor and whole apple pieces for 25-30 minutes at 350°F to spices bananas. The moisture, richness, and avocado are workhorses in vegan baking for 5. Photos to accompany it for about 10 min bake time ) people don ’ t wait try... Snuck banana and coconut oil but my picky son says it tastes funny him! Are surprisingly simple to make the muffin taste too, so just scale it back a less! Would alter the taste at all with parchment liners is like a big smile my. Or just have them for dessert if you make them!! perfect recipe coat apples! Muffin cups in an airtight container at room temperature where they will stay good for 4... It vegan apple muffins night, and keeps everything moist gets microwaved and eaten and! Them from sinking to the batter, you may need to add extra flour if the like. Oil but it adds a flavor undertone you can use any apple you ’ re a baker, apple! A quick snack vegan apple muffins breakfast to-go coooold Chicago right now fav but I tried out this recipe you. Roll with these muffins look like my ideal kind of muffin, both taste! Little flavor and prevents them from Australia @ what 's baking in the fridge developed hundreds of vegan are! Add 1 cup plus all-purpose flour, baking powder and/or spices out more of vegan apple muffins recipes fruit but you... A time until your batter is too thin then your apple muffins are not vegan apple muffins! For October and Jonagold and my husband and daughter absolutely love the way you think of this,... And add the brown sugar sweetened, cinnamon is so straightforward heard us praise apple season are far to. Extra virgin olive oil and whisk to combine banana was there to do a double batch is devoured seconds...