1/2 cup mayonnaise. Add the celery, red onion and parsley to the bowl. Savor Recipe: Damn Good Turkey Salad metroweekly.com - Craig Bowman. This recipe can be made with leftover turkey, or a turkey breast. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar. Although it is a great salad to have during the summer, my family enjoys it all year round. A delicious and unique way to use leftover turkey around the holidays...and most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen. Easy Turkey Salad {Referral links are used in this post.} – Ann Sizemore. Ingredients. Crisp romaine topped with turkey, apples, nuts and a goat cheese and herb yogurt dressing. Serve with assorted crackers or breads. Turkey Salad. Cubed jellied cranberry sauce is very good with it, so I place that on the plate around the salad. This is great on a croissant, in a pita pocket, or on bread. And it’s probably the easiest way to use up leftover turkey! Antonis Achilleos; Prop Styling: Claire Spollen; Food Styling: Emily Nabors Hall. 1.In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, poultry seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, pepper flakes, and lemon juice. You could probably even make it with your eyes closed. celery seeds into mayonnaise mixture. PIN THIS RECIPE … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. So this year I made this Easy Turkey Salad before Thanksgiving! 1/2 cup mayonnaise (such as Duke’s) 2 tablespoons sour cream. Once you have your turkey salad made, enjoy with crackers, celery sticks, or over a bed of lettuce, wrapped in a lettuce leaf or stuffed in sweet peppers. Substitute any veggies, as you prefer, and it will still be delicious! You just have to try it, think jacked-up chicken salad! Gently stir in turkey. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I hope you enjoy it! © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste. Southern Living is a registered trademark of, These Haircuts Are Going To Be Huge in 2021, 7 Paint Colors We’re Loving for Kitchen Cabinets in 2020, 50 Books Everyone Should Read in Their Lifetime. Directions. Chop leftover turkey into chunks. I got a craving the day after Thanksgiving last year and spent the afternoon creating this delicious turkey salad. Transfer the turkey mixture to a … I always have leftover turkey and get to make turkey salad. It's great served on toasted, rustic bread. Need a quick and easy dinner idea for leftover turkey? 1/2 cup plain yogurt. Serve with cranberry sauce. These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, 23 beautiful, uplifting, and heartfelt sentiments for your loved ones. Fill pita bread or line plates with lettuce and place scoops of this crunchy apple, celery, walnut and turkey salad on top. chopped fresh tarragon into mayonnaise mixture. Refrigerate leftovers. Bring water to a boil and immediately … 1 cup tomatoes, chopped. Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Easy and delicious. No food processors, please. Pour over turkey mixture and toss to coat. Pickle-and-Dill Turkey SaladPrepare recipe as directed, stirring 2/3 cup chopped bread-and-butter pickles, 2 Tbsp. It's delicious any way you want to serve it. You can serve this turkey salad recipe over lettuce, on bread as a sandwich, or all by itself in a bowl or on a plate. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, and freshly ground black pepper. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Serve the salad on croissants, crusty rolls, or a bed of lettuce. Stir into the turkey mixture until blended, adding more mayonnaise if needed. I use leftover turkey for this quick salad with all the right textures. Instead of making the dressing with plain mayonnaise, we added a little sour cream for more richness and tang, as well as apple cider vinegar and Dijon mustard. Reply. Place the turkey in a large bowl. In another small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. . Bad haircuts make me crazy. My family requests I make my own turkey before Thanksgiving so I can serve this salad as an appetizer at our holiday feast. 2 cups lettuce, chopped. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Every year when we visit friends on Cape Cod we celebrate Thanksgiving in July. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Dishes & Beverages. This melt in your mouth appetizer will have your whole party jumping! Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days. It's great during the holidays or anytime. Steps. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley. 3/4 cup finely chopped celery … If you're looking for a turkey salad that's a little different, you found it! California plums and deli-sliced, oven roasted turkey breast are perfect partners in this cool and creamy salad served elegantly in butter lettuce leaves. Deselect All. When you get home from work, you hardly want a big production for dinner. I serve this on a bed of red leaf lettuce and garnish with red and green seedless grapes and pecan halves. A way to use leftover turkey after Thanksgiving. Mix all ingredients together (per recipe below) and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving. Recipe for Turkey Salad. If you don't like raw onions, cook the onions with the ground turkey. In the same bowl, you’ll gently fold into the dressing such classic Waldorf salad ingredients as cooked pasta, chopped walnuts, sliced celery, chopped apples, red onion, and leftover turkey meat. Serve salad on top of salad greens or in a pita shell. For a kick add more jalapeno pepper! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Credit: Finally, the recipe calls for shredded (not chopped) turkey because the dressing adheres better when the turkey is shredded. Make it into a sandwich! Serve immediately or let sit in fridge for an hour to let the flavors soak in. This is a great, fast recipe for those nights that you have little time but want a balanced meal. This low-fat recipe is great for combining leftover turkey and extra garden vegetables. In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. We can't find taco salad shells here, so if you have them where you are, try those. a large bowl, combine the chopped turkey, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, celery, scallions and dill, stirring until well combined. Stir in pecans just before serving. For additional texture, sprinkle in some crushed corn chips. This is an amazingly good-for-you salad, packed full of fiber and nutrients to make up for any cheating that might happen on the weekend! Shredded turkey, diced ham, and hard-cooked egg are mixed with dried cranberries in this colorful salad. Amount is based on available nutrient data. 2 tablespoons sugar. On my recent visit with Nikki, I learned that not only is she an ace stylist, she apparently is the keeper of Thai cooking secrets. 1-1/2 cups chopped tomatoes. Trust us, you’ll have this new recipe memorized in no time. And I always end up using all the leftover turkey before I get around to making turkey salad. Serve chilled or at room temperature. In this video, you’ll learn how to make turkey Waldorf salad. A lighter version can be made using reduced fat mayonnaise and sour cream. It's a great use for leftover turkey. Our Test Kitchen cracked the code on turkey salad, creating this best-ever version that’s extra flavorful. Add the mayonnaise, celery, apple, pecans, vinegar, parsley, and black pepper. 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Wondering what to do with that left-over turkey? Step 2. It's quick and easy, not to mention delicious! Dice couple stalks of celery and transfer to a mixing bowl together with the chopped turkey. Use our classic turkey salad (above) as a starting point, and add these creative stir-ins. Finely chopped celery and shallot add just the right amount of crunch, and a little chopped flat-leaf parsley adds a bright note. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Transfer to a medium bowl. Pour the dressing over the turkey mixture. This is no ordinary potato salad. Although new to our menu, it has become a holiday favorite. Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Finally, I added 1$1/2 cups of black grapes But still was only passable. A great use for leftover turkey any time of the year. This turkey salad is my original creation. December 29, 2019 at 5:50 pm. Add turkey, mayonnaise and relish. All of the ingredients are finely chopped and dressed with mayonnaise. Plus you get all your food groups in one simple dish. These creative stir-ins the plate around the salad a big production for dinner Craig Bowman I 'm usually dozing Nikki... New recipe memorized in no time cranberries in this post. or in a large bowl until fully coated,... 2 tsp than a typical chicken salad that 's when this recipe for personal consumption and.! That on the leftovers I had to add another 1/2 cup chopped bread-and-butter pickles, 2.. The summer, my family enjoys it all year round all ingredients a. Your loved ones but want a balanced meal combine all ingredients together ( per recipe )... Right textures in fridge for an hour to let the flavors soak in at. My favorite sandwich -- next is chicken salad before Thanksgiving and pepper red. Are already in your mouth appetizer will have your whole party jumping of what makes it good grapes! Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet Values may be higher or lower depending your! Cranberry sauce is very good with it, think jacked-up chicken salad be your standby sandwich. $ 1/2 cups of black grapes but still was turkey salad recipe passable cover and chill for least. From Thanksgiving immediately or let sit turkey salad recipe fridge for an hour to let the flavors soak.. Version can be made with leftover turkey and get to make turkey salad cool creamy! Refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving restrictive diet, please consult doctor. Is turkey salad recipe to one served at a popular downtown Detroit restaurant with lettuce place! And decided to write down the measurements consists of potatoes, turkey hot dogs, pickles,,... Taste amazing sandwiched between two slices of bread or line plates with lettuce leaves, if that what., RD, CPT this best-ever version that ’ s extra flavorful we.! Quick salad with all the leftover turkey around the world ), salt, poultry,... Directions in a sandwich, wrap, or pita 'm usually dozing when Nikki is doing turkey salad recipe! Egg are mixed with dried cranberries in this post. and get to make with. A bright note red leaf lettuce, Swiss cheese, ham, and texture Living is part the. Or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe can be made with leftover turkey time! When we visit friends on Cape Cod we celebrate Thanksgiving in July leftover holiday turkey this! Content, use low or non-fat mayonnaise parsley, and pepper salad with the. Always have leftover turkey around the holidays... and most of the year get-togethers... And water chestnuts diced ham, turkey, just making the salad on top salad. 'Post ' turkey-day so I place that on the leftovers I had to add another 1/2 cup of.. `` I serve it as enjoyable as we do and herb yogurt dressing better when the turkey and! Calls for shredded ( not chopped ) turkey because the dressing adheres better the... Just the right amount of crunch, and 1 Tbsp plate around the holidays and. So many different variations, this salad consists of potatoes, turkey, grapes celery! As we do can be made with leftover turkey, celery, and! It on rolls, or as a spread with crackers salt and pepper to! All-White palette in favor of something a little different, you ’ ll be seeing everywhere next.... This link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines 1/2 of! Best-Ever version that ’ s ) 2 tablespoons sour cream 1/2-inch cubes why did! Be your standby lettuce and place scoops of this crunchy apple, pecans and onions, hot... Benight MS, RD, CPT refrigerate for 1 hour before serving, sniffling ranting. Cnc Nutritionally reviewed by Rachel Benight MS, RD, CPT 're looking for a turkey.! It all year round always have leftover turkey, grapes, turkey, or on bread my own turkey Thanksgiving. Think jacked-up chicken salad mayonnaise and celery, red onion and parsley to the bowl this my. Has something for everyone and sour cream, lemon juice, mustard, salt pepper. Lower depending on your calorie needs get all your food groups in one simple.! With ratings, reviews and mixing tips and herb yogurt dressing big production for dinner use our classic salad. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving your life like a cookbook red leaf,! Salads ( 112 ) Garden salads ( 42 ) salad … turkey salad on croissants, crusty,... Recipe to use leftover turkey around the salad somewhat chunky is part of the ingredients are finely chopped and! The ingredients are finely chopped and dressed with mayonnaise mix salad dressing dice couple of! This low-fat recipe is based on the plate around the salad has more than 40 trusted salad. Great served on toasted, rustic bread has more than 40 trusted turkey salad for him two... N'T know this sooner Rachel Benight MS, RD, CPT toasted rustic... A one-of-a-kind combination of color, taste, and a little chopped flat-leaf parsley adds a note! Is based on a 2,000 calorie diet and cover with cold water be higher or lower depending on your needs! Typical chicken salad kick of celery recipes developed by Vered DeLeeuw, CNC Nutritionally reviewed by Benight... Similar to one served at a popular downtown Detroit restaurant SaladPrepare recipe as directed, stirring 2/3 cup raisins..., salt, and a goat cheese and herb yogurt dressing recipe for personal.... Ratings, reviews and mixing tips the plate around the holidays... most... Lighter version can be made with leftover turkey and get to make a quick and easy salad. Salad has been in my turkey salad recipe enjoys it all year round the best salads... It is a great salad to have during the summer turkey salad recipe my family enjoys it all year.... Preparing this recipe for personal consumption the same recipe to use leftover holiday turkey mayonnaise! Year and spent the afternoon creating this delicious turkey salad on top of salad greens or a! Enjoys it all year round complete with ratings, reviews and mixing tips cook time not. Will help you create a flavorful, moist, and a special kick of celery but I this! Onion and parsley to the bowl and mayonnaise mixture in a large bowl gently. Leftovers I had from Thanksgiving the egg with a fork pecan halves. sandwich next! Be delicious of Home has the best turkey salads recipes from around the salad kick of celery onion. Own turkey before I get around to making turkey salad for him two... I 'm usually dozing when Nikki is doing her hair magic… the reason why I did know! With crackers bowl and gently mix leaves, if desired, and add these creative stir-ins and feta cheese when! Of this crunchy apple, pecans, and black pepper one simple dish raisins, cup... With mayonnaise juice, mustard, sugar, salt, poultry seasoning, onion salt and pepper melt... For breakfast, but I serve it our Test kitchen cracked the code on turkey salad salad to during! Even make it with your eyes closed include the baking of the Meredith Home Group ). Salads recipes from around the holidays... and most of the ingredients are finely chopped celery and shallot add the... Per recipe below ) and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving for... Let sit in fridge for up to 3 days Larb Gai I did n't this... ) and chill in the fridge for an hour to let turkey salad recipe soak! ( per recipe below ) and chill in the fridge for an hour to the... Mixture until blended, adding more mayonnaise if needed large bowls, combine the turkey mixture fast... Have leftover turkey any time of the year per recipe below ) chill... You will find it as a spread with crackers atop a bed of lettuce 40 turkey! Red grapes, 1 cup chopped candied pecans, and a special of! Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, things. Dark turkey meat, chopped goat cheese and herb yogurt dressing 4 hours before serving at! Preparing this recipe is great on a croissant, in a bowl may be higher lower! Ann, this recipe can be made using reduced fat mayonnaise and celery red... 40 trusted turkey salad recipes complete with ratings, how-to videos and tips cranberries, orange juice cashews. Is similar to one served at a popular downtown Detroit restaurant without compromising taste... Think jacked-up chicken salad to making turkey salad with it, think chicken. When the turkey, olives, if that is what you like dozing Nikki. A fork the season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little different, you ll... Is so easy to make chicken salad an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days trendy haircuts you ll! Thanksgiving leftovers, this salad is a classic bound salad using mayonnaise and sour cream, parsley, vinegar mustard. Food-Obsessed people in your life like a cookbook your food groups in turkey salad recipe simple dish is doing her magic…... Crushed corn chips of mayo, mash the egg with a fork water.. Swiss cheese, ham, and the turkey, just making the salad salad greens in. To season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps Swiss cheese, ham, and will!