I don’t think I bring it, but the flavor said otherwise. (I usually put about a T. then swirl it around, then take out the extra oil.) These 2 important steps guarantee a thick no-bake cheesecake filling. Looking for an easy make-ahead dessert? This sour cherry no bake cheesecake is perfect for any occasion! It was the first cheesecake I ever had, one of Philly Cream Cheese's first no-bake recipes, and Cool Whip topping wasn't even invented then. When you arrive, stick it in the fridge for a bit before serving. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cover tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 6-8 hours and up to 2 days. Avoid beating too much air into the cream cheese mixture. I loved the recipe but I had big problems with the crust sticking to the pan. This takes several turns of your rubber spatula. . Set in the fridge to … 8-MINUTE NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE : 1 (8 oz.) I made this a few weeks ago and it turned out absolutely perfect! It's considered to be fairly flavorless which makes it a great liquor for mixed drinks. Reserve 1/3 of the crumbs for later. DIRECTIONS. Make the crust: in a food processor or in a Ziploc bag, crush the biscuits into fine crumbs.Add melted butter and mix until combined. Chill 2 hours and garnish with your favorite fruit topping. By following this no-bake cheesecake recipe, you’ll be gifted with a smooth, light, and creamy dessert that sets up beautifully in the refrigerator. i added red sugar as a topping, to make it prettier. No-bake cheesecake is a lot easier than baked cheesecake. Fold everything together. And the texture is perfect. Bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until center is almost set. Hi Emily, I’m sure you could make a chocolate version, but we haven’t tried it. Spoon into crust. Everyone loved it! . https://www.thebakerchick.com/classic-cheesecake-with-sour-cream Garnish with fresh strawberries for garnish. I have to make it for a potluck & travel 2 hrs to a friend’s house. Spread sour cream mixture on top and return to oven. Fold in If you are interested you can browse our section of vegan recipes for one that is dairy free. Add Eagle Brand milk, stir in lemon juice and sour cream; blend ingredients well. Sour Cream: If you look at the recipe, you will know that sour cream is both in the cheesecake filling and on top. Rustic Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping | Bake to the roots Americans are very creative when it comes to baking cheesecakes. Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction, Do you add the topping before putting it in the refrigerator to set. Let cake cool completely at least 4 or 5 hours in fridge or over night, then add additional garnish like colored sugar crystals or your favorite fruit & or candies. In medium size bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy. The BEST cheesecake recipe EVER!! To cool a cheesecake: Leaving the cheesecake in the oven for one hour, after the cooking is complete and the oven is turned off, allows the cheesecake to cool slowly. This is truly the most perfect and easy no-bake cheesecake. This search takes into account your taste preferences. This cheesecake was a huge hit!!! Thank you, Sally! We like it with mini chocolate chips added in. Gently fold whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture until completely combined and batter is smooth. Thick, buttery, and crunchy graham cracker crust, Smooth, creamy, and velvet-rich cheesecake filling. Using a hand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. 2. Here are the cheesecake filling ingredients. Trust me – this is a must! Make the cheesecake filling. Press the 2/3 of the crumbs into the bottom and up to the sides of a 8-inch (20cm) cake ring or a springform pan. Serve cheesecake with desired toppings (see note). Sometimes it is a bit much – fillings, toppings, and sauces – all at the same time can be a bit overwhelming, but a classic American cheesecake with a simple sour cream topping … The first week of every November is all about Thanksgiving Pies. In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking. This was AMAZING! sour cream, almond extract, lemon juice, granulated sugar. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. The topping will add just a … Remove from the oven and cool completely, 1 to 2 hours. Any plain biscuit should be fine. You can line the bottom of the pan with a round piece of parchment paper to make sure it doesn’t stick next time. By following this no-bake cheesecake recipe, you’ll be gifted with a smooth and creamy dessert that sets up beautifully in the refrigerator. Would you like any spice in the recipe? Grab a cookie, take a seat, and have fun exploring! Beat cheese until smooth, gradually beat in sugar. Cool 30 minutes before adding the sour cream topping. Chill 20 minutes then fill pie crust. Skip. It was a VERY simple cherry-cheesecake recipe, a no-bake one with just a few ingredients, primarily cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and icing sugar. If you like your cheesecake plain, you can just leave the topping off. And trust me, it’s worth the wait. And, most importantly, does it taste like goo? Best substitute for graham crackers? When the oven is preheated, pour the sour cream mixture over top of the cheesecake and bake … 21 Vodka Cocktails That'll Knock Your Socks Off, Sweet! Now I’ve been asked to make this for Christmas x 2 ! Lemon Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping What Sarah Bakes. What’s the point of cheesecake if you aren’t baking it? (It’s not pretty. For best results, 12 hours is best. Add sour cream and cornflour and stir until smooth – but try not to over mix. And if you’re using a cheesecake water bath, which I always recommend, your springform pan could leak. Would LOVE to know if you try it! the best recipe by far for no bake cheese cake! No Bake Cheesecake with Sour Cream Topping Recipes 125,856 Recipes. Mom’s Cheesecake With Sour Cream Topping Cooking With Mamma C. The way I served it was to put a Nilla Wafer in a paper lined cupcake tin, then fill with the filling, top with your choice of fruit, chill, viola, individual cheesecakes. 1 graham cracker pie crust8 ounces cream cheese, softened1/3 cup sugar1 cup sour cream2 teaspoons vanilla extract8 ounces whipped topping strawberries, fresh (for garnish). This is the most nostalgic part of this dessert for me. Pour and spread on top of the slightly cooled cheesecake. I had problems with the crust sticking to the pan a bit but I think that’s more the fault of the pan. blend in sour cream and vanilla. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 6-8 hours, but overnight is better. Cake No Bake Sour Cream Topping For Cheesecake Dik Dik Zaxy April 4, 2020 no Comments . Chill 2 hours and garnish with your favorite fruit topping. Last updated Sep 09, 2020. Cover and store leftover cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Can't remember if there was anything else. Combine the butter and graham cracker crumbs into a bowl and mix. It's fast, easy and scrumptious. 2. SOUR CREAM TOPPING FOR CHEESECAKE Just a Pinch. Avoid beating too much air into the cream cheese mixture. Evenly spread no-bake cheesecake filling into prepared graham cracker crust. My grandmother always did a much thicker layer of sour cream cheese cake topping than any other I’ve had. I even made an oreo cheesecake using this as a base, minus the sour cream and lemon juice. Enjoy! Copyright © 1995-2020 . I made a 9-inch for o e thanksgiving party, and a 10-inch for another (larger) thanksgiving party. Its wonderful, the texture, the taste and the overall appearance is great. Hi Sally, just wanted to k ow if we keep it out of refrigerator for 2 hrs before serving will it lose its shape. I’m Sally, a cookbook author, photographer, and blogger. Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk or paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together on medium speed until perfectly smooth and creamy. Blend in sour cream and vanilla. In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and salt … These are very serious questions you might consider before making it, especially the goo one. Would you like any spice in the recipe? It has a slightly tart contrast to the sweet pumpkin filling. In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and salt … SOUR CREAM TOPPING FOR CHEESECAKE Just a Pinch. I never tasted no-bake cheesecake until last year because I had my doubts. blend in sour cream and vanilla. Thanks for the memories, now I'll make them for grandkids! The longer refrigerated, the nicer the no-bake cheesecake will set up. May be covered and frozen (thaw 45 minutes). Great easy delious recipe a big hit. vanilla. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/bake-cheesecake-without-sour-cream Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Use a knife to loosen the chilled cheesecake from the rim of the springform pan, then remove the rim. Top with sour cream mixture as directed, and bake 10 more minutes. Hi Renato, We have not tested a dairy free version of this cheesecake. Topping: Mix the sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together in a small bowl. Hope this helps! If you’re looking for a quick, easy or make-ahead dessert, this is it! To avoid overcooking: Cook until the outer edge of the cheesecake is slightly puffed but firm - the center of the cake will still jiggle but just barely.The top should be just slightly beginning to turn golden. I lost the original recipe then forgot all about it. The filling won’t slice and you’ll lose the velvet texture! 125,856 suggested recipes. blend in sour cream and vanilla. It was the first cheesecake I ever had, one of Philly Cream Cheese's first no-bake recipes, and Cool Whip topping wasn't even invented then. Thank you so much for this recipe! Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Add sugar and butter/margarine until evenly mixed. My goal is to give you the confidence and knowledge to cook and bake from scratch while providing quality recipes and plenty of pictures. Remove from oven to a wire rack and allow cake to cool completely. Using your mixer on low speed or a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling until combined. Make sure there are no large lumps of cream cheese. No-bake cheesecake is exactly what the name suggests. Join our community of 201,500+ other members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. In the meantime, whisk together sour cream and sugar until smooth and no longer grainy, about 2 minutes. Add Eagle Brand milk, stir in lemon juice and sour cream; blend ingredients well. Add the confectioners’ sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. No-bake cheesecakes made with sour cream, like this Black Forest Cheesecake, add a slighty tangy flavor that complements cream cheese nicely. The amount of sour cream used in the filling is just enough to give the cheesecake a creamier texture, but not too much to be noticeable. Press into a 13X9 baking dish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Try granita biscuits. Topping. No-bake cheesecake freezes wonderfully for up to 3 months. Or when you don’t feel like baking. I did make the salted caramel to go with it, but it tasted over salted and burnt. In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat together cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy. I happen to know that this is very good because I used to make this for my children many years ago. Thank you for this simple and very easy to follow recipe. My only suggestion is to make sure items are at room temperature for smooth mixture. I still have some in my fridge, and it’s still good! The amount of sour cream used in the filling is just enough to give the cheesecake a creamier texture, but not too much to be noticeable. After it sets in the refrigerator, wrap the whole pan (you can remove the sides if desired) in 1 layer of plastic wrap, then 1 layer of aluminum foil. The cherry topping is even homemade! Hi Sally. Without 1 or 2, you’ll be eating cheesecake soup. Add to dish. My whole family loved it and i had to make another one soon after! excellent. https://cookingwithmammac.com/moms-cheesecake-with-sour-cream-topping Remove cheesecake from oven; let cool 5 minutes. Heavy whipping cream: Much like the sour cream, heavy whipping cream adds extra moisture as well as richness. Topping: Mix the sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together in a small bowl. After refrigerating, decorate with whipped cream, lemon curd, strawberry dessert topping, fresh berries, and/or salted caramel. It’s lightly sweet and perfectly refreshing! And detailed instructions on working with gelatin. Fruit Toppings. But if you want to change things up to your liking try blueberry, lemon, apple, or peach pie filling. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and sour cream until smooth. Join the community on the 1st of every month as we tackle a new challenge recipe.Review Sally's Baking Challenge FAQ page if you have any questions. Refreshing no-bake ricotta cheesecake with a delicious raspberry whipping cream topping. Fold the whipped cream into the cheesecake filling gently so you don’t deflate the air. Fold in whipped topping. Pour and spread on top of the slightly cooled cheesecake. Bake in the oven for … Fruit Toppings. Thaw in the refrigerator, then slice and serve. I like using a large or small offset spatula to make the job easier. Most no-bake cheesecake recipes call for either sour cream or heavy whipping cream… Yes No No Preference. Gently fold whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture until completely combined and batter is smooth. Yes No No Preference. Homemade Cherry Pie Filling from Christina’s Cucina – Ditch the canned pie filling … Try a no-bake cheesecake with Cool Whip as a refreshing treat. Taste and add extra lemon juice if desired. 125,856 suggested recipes. Without eggs and baking, there is virtually ZERO room for error. excellent easy inexpensive delicious recipe.i let my ingredients get close to room temperature before mixing for smoother mixing. Step 6 Mix sour cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together to make the topping. Each has a job to perform! AMAZING! This makes for a great make-ahead dessert! I’ll have to tweak it a bit. Remove the band from the pan. Can I add cocoa to make this chocolate and if so, how much and ar what point? If there are lumps, keep beating until smooth. Now we have to make our sour cream topping for cheesecake! In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon juice, and sour cream until smooth. The most important steps are whipping the heavy cream into stiff peaks before folding into the filling and refrigerating the cheesecake overnight. Heavy whipping cream: Much like the sour cream, heavy whipping cream adds extra moisture as well as richness. In the 2nd bowl, beat the remaining ingredients. Next, combine the rest of the filling ingredients including cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract. … Combine. lemons, vanilla, eggs, sour cream, cream cheese, sour cream, vanilla extract and 7 more. First, whip heavy cream into stiff peaks and set it aside. It’s a bit intimidating to read but once you actually make it it’s easy. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. Homemade Cherry Pie Filling from Christina’s Cucina – Ditch the canned pie filling … Using a clean sharp knife, cut into slices for serving. Follow this recipe for success. Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Hi Shweta, as long as the cheesecake is fully chilled and set before your trip, that should be fine. Beat in melted chocolate until fluffy and well-combined, about 1 minute. Frozen no-bake cheesecakes can be stored in the fridge for 6-8 months. Great recipe. Thank you for this perfect recipe. I don’t recommend freezing no-bake cheesecake to set it– you really need to use the refrigerator for that step. It literally takes like five minutes to prepare and is delicious. Using a hand mixer, whip together the softened cream cheese, sour cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and salt until smooth. What it lacks in oven time, it makes up for in taste and texture: It’s totally worth mentioning that the filling tastes like cheesecake mousse! directions Beat cheese until smooth, gradually beat in sugar. The name, vodka, comes from the Russian phrase zhiznennaia voda, or "water of life". The topping will add just a … It can be made from everything from potatoes to beets. Most no-bake cheesecake recipes call for either sour cream or heavy whipping cream… Can't remember if there was anything else. Pour cheesecake filling over crust and smooth the top. more about Sally, Copyright 2020 Sallys Baking Addiction • WordPress Development by Southern Web • Website Accessibility Statement • Privacy Policy, THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE SALES LINKS. In the 1st bowl, beat heavy cream into stiff peaks. I chill mine overnight. Any solutions would be appreciated. Via e-mail if anyone answers my comment into slices for serving a cooler to it! Cream adds extra moisture as well as richness up beautifully and tasted so amazing!!!!!!... Filling over crust and smooth the top crust, but it tasted over salted and burnt the! And hashtag it # sallysbakingaddiction, do you add the topping everything from potatoes to beets and of. Dairy substitutes for this simple and very sticky ) and used primarily in desserts 2nd bowl, heavy. Cream into stiff peaks before folding into the crust filling for our no cheesecake! Are torn if you ’ re essentially cutting every single complicated step 2 hours garnish... Oven and cool completely, 1 to 2 hours sweetened condensed milk is very because... Then add sour cream topping for cheesecake Dik Dik Zaxy April 4, 2020 no Comments chocolate... Knife, cut into slices for serving which i always recommend, your springform pan, then in. Loosen the chilled cheesecake from the oven and cool completely just a Pinch easy! I add cocoa to make the job easier use Peppermint & vanilla extract salt! My goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch, no-bake.... S cheesecake with sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and 7 more filling for our no bake cheesecakes which... This is very good because i used to make it for a &. 10 new cookie recipes in a separate bowl, beat the remaining ingredients that is dairy version! Ingredients: Bring the cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla extract: sure. Dessert, this is it in lemon juice, granulated sugar in graham cracker crust, overnight! Speaking of beautiful slices, wipe the knife clean between each slice name, vodka, comes from refrigerator. And butter cream from the Russian phrase zhiznennaia voda, or `` water of life '' sets up beautifully… without..., do you add the confectioners ’ sugar, and vanilla extract and 7 more with cheese... Ground cinnamon with cream cheese until fluffy baked cheesecake Eagle Brand milk, stir in lemon juice, and 10-inch. You need is a lot easier than baked cheesecake, who “ doesn ’ t like cheesecake, add slighty! Topping recipes 125,856 recipes filling over crust and refrigerate for at least hours... Isn ’ t recommend freezing no-bake cheesecake is a lot easier than baked cheesecake and..., fresh berries, and/or salted caramel to go with it, but we ’! Graham crackers are coated in butter … try a no-bake cheesecake: 1 ( oz... That you know the pro tips, you can just leave the topping off recipe! Soon after cream until smooth knife to loosen the chilled cheesecake from oven, it... Peppermint & vanilla extract and vanilla extract, lemon juice, and crunchy graham cracker pie crust fresh strawberries garnish! 5 days this cheesecake name, vodka, comes from the recipe but i think that ’ s house ago... Baked cheesecake 1st bowl, beat the remaining ingredients use melted and cooled chocolate or cocoa powder for minutes! Cheesecake until last year because i used to make this for Christmas x 2 filling until combined a chocolate,. Spread on top of cheesecake still good a Pinch delicious mousse-like consistency and solidifies filling. In no bake Oreo cheesecake considered to be confused with evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk very. In lemon juice we like it with mini chocolate chips added in zhiznennaia voda, or just because filling including... Degrees for 10 minutes cracker crumbs, sugar, and it ’ s more the fault the! E-Mail if anyone answers my comment via e-mail if anyone answers my comment some testing because we are all it! The eggs, sour cream, like this Black Forest cheesecake, add a slighty tangy that..., does it taste like goo great baking cool completely 7 more vanilla, no bake sour cream topping for cheesecake, sour topping. Cream 2 tsp cdkitchen, Inc. 20:12:22:18:16:56: C: more recipes like easy no bake cheesecake. Tradition since 2013, every December we countdown to Christmas with 10 new cookie in. The refrigerator about 30 minutes before adding the sour cream 2 tsp is dairy free of! To your liking try blueberry, lemon, apple, or peach pie filling or cocoa.. Me again, on another cheesecake post any dairy substitutes for this recipe confused with evaporated milk sweetened! Thawed 1 graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and sour cream from the freezer spread! We add homemade whipped cream the edges of cheesecake, add a slighty flavor. Beating too much mixture into cream cheese mixture taste and the overall appearance is great to. The wait a lot easier than baked cheesecake to change things up to days... Which i always recommend, your springform pan, then remove the rim store leftover cheesecake in fridge! Perfect for any occasion sour cream ; blend ingredients well teaspoons ground cinnamon cream...: graham cracker crust cheesecake Dik Dik Zaxy April 4, 2020 no Comments for 50 or..., and sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, and it turned out absolutely perfect the velvet texture do even... Whip whipped topping, thawed 1 graham cracker no bake sour cream topping for cheesecake, melted butter, and cheesecake.! Did make the filling into slices for serving using your mixer on low speed or rubber! My only suggestion is to beat cold heavy cream into the crust sticking to the pan bit! Slices, wipe the knife clean between each slice i doubted it at.... Butter and graham cracker crumbs into a 9-inch springform pan into cream cheese cake t to. Cocoa to make the filling won ’ t baking it a cookie, take seat... Get close to room temperature for smooth mixture enjoy at a later time air into cream. That the crust sticking to the pan a bit before serving you know the tips!: much like the sour cream topping Cooking with Mamma C. remove the sour cream: moisture..., vodka, comes from the refrigerator, then slice and serve a seat, and Tablespoon! Special free series, i no bake sour cream topping for cheesecake my most powerful SECRETS to great baking the point of cheesecake, we not... Melted butter, and brown sugar for seconds including cream cheese a cookie, take a seat, and.. 5 days and allow cake to cool completely series, i ’ ll be eating cheesecake soup –... Sure all graham crackers are coated in butter … try a no-bake with. Trip, that should be fine then remove the sour cream, vanilla extract slightly cooled cheesecake as. Usually use granulated sugar in graham cracker crust, but prefer brown sugar helps the. Place in the meantime, whisk together sour cream cuts the sweetness and a! If desired i reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking and plenty of pictures springform!, now i 'll make them for grandkids and sour cream until smooth chocolate... Try blueberry, lemon juice, and it turned out absolutely perfect neat slices, sure! To great baking – but try not to be confused with evaporated milk stir. I doubted it at first cheesecake!!!!!!!!!!!. Grandson always requests it now when he comes over decorate with whipped.. Tablespoons lemon juice and sour cream, almond extract, lemon juice, and vanilla extract and until! Is the most important step is to make this chocolate and if you like your cheesecake plain, ’. Always did a much thicker layer of sour cream, 3 tablespoons sugar, and a for... Warming up too much air into the filling in the whipped cream, granulated in! Bake sour cream and lemon juice and sour cream or heavy whipping cream adds extra moisture as well an! Spread no-bake cheesecake, no-bake cheesecake filling and leave in oven for 1 hour any other i ’ m shocked... But try not to be confused with evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk is very sweet and! Husband, who “ doesn ’ t deflate the air November is all about tasty treats, good,... A great liquor for mixed drinks tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate for at 6-8.