History has it that these immigrants continued to produce their homemade bread in Kano. Chy, I am not from Hausa o, but I would love to learn new recipes. In the Hausa culture, […] Interestingly, this snack is not indigenous to Kano or northern Nigeria for that matter. Nigerian Snacks recipes include: Puff Puff, Nigerian Meat Pie, Chin Chin, Buns, Coconut Candy, Doughnuts, Fish Roll and many more. Donkwa is soft, nutty, crunchy and awesome. The Hausa have been heavily involved in long distance trading for many centuries. Don’t forget to also send me your own Hausa food pictures and recipes. Use the comment box below to tell me what you think. Nigeria, the most populous black nation in the world, is a culturally diversed country, with multitude of ethnic groups living together as one. Nigerian Breakfast Recipes. In Nigeria alone, no other Nigerian tribe has more farmers than the Hausa tribe. Kuli kuli is one crunchy snack that brings back lovely childhood memories. 7. Via my private WhatsApp line (08035051468). The Hausa people are found in various parts of West Africa. A quick assumption is that a scorching region like Northern Nigeria where most of its population does not drink alcohol has more potential for soft drinks than people would imagine. I try out any food recipe if given the opportunity. Learn more about HAUSA CULTURE Hausa people have interesting culture, traditions, and beliefs. Every Nigerian grown food crop is vastly produced by the Hausa tribe. I am Calista, I am a beautiful Ghanian lady but married to Hausa man. My tribe share certain recipes with Hausa and it is just amazing. The richest African Aliko Dangote and the president of Nigeria are from the Hausa -Fulani ethnicities not Igbo and Yoruba. It was allegedly introduced into Kano by immigrants from Saudi Arabia who settled in some parts of the ancient city of Kano some two hundred years ago. Groundnut soup is made with ground groundnut as well as white hibiscus (white zobo) Click Here for Miyan Geda – Groundnut soup. Hausa is a major cultural group located in Northern Nigeria, and they are mostly Muslims. Hausa snacks. Welcome to all Nigerian Foods. The considerable part of traditional Hausa food delicacies is prepared from vegetables and meat. The main ingredient that makes suya unique is the suya spices. Thumbs up, Chy! Hausa people are known widely as cattle rearers, this is partly the reason that has foods made of meats. So far, I have gotten a couple of them and we are going to start with these Four Hausa food recipes. It can also be enjoyed with accompaniments like suya, tea, meat, fried egg and even kuli kuli. Akara is also a great street food as sellers … Learn how to make fried rice and other rice recipes. It conquered areas beyond Hausaland, including Adamawa to the east and Nupe and Ilorin to the south. Later on, this snack became the food for all. I’ve absolutely fallen for your recipes……Uhmm please where can I get the recipe book. There should be nothing less than 20 Hausa recipes on this page and we are going to get there. Your blog is the closest I get to my mums kitchen. It is made with a combination of beans flour, pepper, potash, kuka etc. It is made with corn meal/corn flour and usually sold by street hawkers...yummy!….reminiscing the good old childhood days :)). Dan Iska” is a Hausa phrase that refers to someone that is crazy and in a literal sense means someone of the wind. i desperately need ur cook book!! One can therefore deduce that the defining factor in classifying this meal is the method of preparation. Even before the coming of British and the subsequent acceptance of other foods, Hausa people can boast of their own local foods. If you are reading this, then you are also a member. i love hausa food having lived and move with them. This soup makes easy the consumption of moringa leaves. Hausa is the most widely spoken language in West Africa and the primary language spoken in all northern states in Nigeria. The Hausa Autonymus for singular: Bahaushe (Male) Baha ushiya (Female) plural: Hausawa and general: Hausa is the largest ethnic group in Africa and the second largest after Arabic in the Afrosiatic family of languages. For many Nigerian ethnic groups, such as the Hausa and the Igbo, inheritance is basically a male affair. More Hausa foods after the cut. Thirty percent of all Hausa can be found in the north and northwest regions of Nigeria, an area known as "Hausaland." I miss hausa foods, I miss Dan wake. Hausa women earn money by processing, cooking, and selling food. This post will highlight the Hausa traditional marriage rites as practiced in Hausa Land, Northern Nigeria. – Aya in Hausa – Chufas in Spanish. Masa is delicious and usually served with miyan taushe (another Hausa delicious soup). Donkwa is also a popular snack amongst the Yoruba. Apr 19, 2016 - Explore Nikki Twosdays's board "Nigerian And Hausa Cuisine" on Pinterest. List of Traditional Hausa Foods Koko: local pap made from a liquefaction liquid obtain … Tuwo: This is a popular food eaten by the Hausas in Northern Nigeria. Chy I really appreciate what you’re doing here, Other Hausa foods include masa and soup of different tastes and textures. The special gurasa, on the other hand, is a product of the evolving creativity in food craft. We would then progress to those of yoruba, Igbo, edo, Rivers etc. Well done Chy, great work. thanks for your feedback. Featured image source: _herbed – Instagram, Udevi, Obiamaka Angela holds a Master of Arts degree in History & International Studies. The Popular Nigerian Food Fufu. Ingredients for Kokoro (Hausa Masa) YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB, YOU MADE ME FALL I N LOVE WITH HAUSA FOOD, I LIVE IN THEIR MIX IN MILE 12 HAUSA COMMUNITY IN LAGOS, KEEP IT UP, Hi, Thank for the Hausa recipes. I needed it for a project so thanks a lot. Please how do I get your cookbook. The Hausa-speaking communities are scattered throughout […] The Hausa are mainly in western Africa, and they are found in Nigeria and Niger, where they number about 70 million people.The Hausa people also found in the Central African Republic, Cameroon, Republic of Congo, Togo, Chad, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gambia, Gabon, and Senegal. Most of them are pretty easy to make. Peanuts, the key ingredient, contains monounsaturated fats, which are the good, heart-healthy kind. The Hausa people are found in various parts of West Africa. The richest African Aliko Dangote and the president of Nigeria are from the Hausa -Fulani ethnicities not Igbo and Yoruba. Muslims love to drink tea, making coffeehouses popular places to socialize. How to make porridge beans, moi moi, etc. Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Hausa Food (31465 Views) See Hausa Man Who Was Caught Selling VULTURE As Fried Chicken / Hausa Man Caught Selling VULTURE As Fried Chicken [photos] / Yuroba, Igbo And Hausa, Who Is A Better Cook? If you want to make suya, then you’ll need the ingredients listed … The Northern Nigeria was a British colony from 1900 as a result of 1885 Treaty of Berlin which broadly granted Northern Nigeria to Britain on the basis of their protectorate in Southern Nigeria. It is prepared with some extra ingredients that are absent in the local one. Did somebody just say Igbo recipes r the best?, come lemme give u an all expense paid trip to the home of food…..AKWA-IBOM!. I would probably start with groundnut soup. We all know the medicinal value of the moringa plant. Igbo foods are the best, I don’t enjoy any other kind of foods. However, their snacks might not differ much from the rest of Nigeria, but they have some unusual dishes. You can make it as long as you can find the needed ingredients in your area. Nigerian Snacks Recipes. © All Nigerian Foods. it is the most beautiful cookbook I have ever seen. Nigerian cuisine consists of dishes or food items from the hundreds of ethnic groups that comprise Nigeria.Like other West African cuisines, it uses spices and herbs with palm or groundnut oil to create deeply flavored sauces and soups.Nigerian feasts are colourful and lavish, while aromatic market and roadside snacks cooked on barbecues or fried in oil are in abundance and varied. Thanks for the hausa recipes. The Hausas and the Fulanis make up a significant portion of Nigeria (by population and even landmass). Hello chy.Thanks for the hausa food recipes.hmm delicious thou I’m not hausa.thumbs up. It is so popular a snack in Kano that the state is known as the land of gurasa. What are nice work!Chy! Gurasa can either be fried or baked using a locally made oval earthenware pot known as tanderu. When fried, it becomes circular while the edges become brownish. The tribe is made up of a diverse but culturally homogeneous people based primarily in the Sahelian and Sudanian areas of northern Nigeria and southeastern Niger, with significant numbers, also living in parts of Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Chad, Togo, Ghana, and Sudan. Olas says: February 8, 2018 at 7:08 AM. Nigerian Stew Recipes. The Hausa (endonym: Hausawa; also Ausa, Francophonic spelling Haoussa) are an ethnic group in Africa based primarily in the Sahelian and the sparse savanna areas of southern Niger and northern Nigeria.With a total population of some 80 million (2019 estimate), they qualify as the most numerous single African ethnic group.. Thanks for bringing deliciousness into our kitchens. Hausa food is delightful. Here is the link to the article that shows you how to make Hausa Miyan Zogale. It is not bad to learn new things. Tiger nuts also known as Hausa groundnuts are popular snack choices in Nigeria. There is … Kokoro is a rod–like shaped crunchy Nigerian snack,popular in some parts of Nigeria. Your email address will not be published. Making suya is very easy and shouldn’t take much time, however, getting the taste right is a different story. I am happy to help. It is based on the Islamic Law otherwise known as Sharia Law since most of the Hausa people are Muslims. I decided to start with Hausa foods. Interestingly, these tribes are not only divided along tribal lines, but also along religion lines.. The most common food include grains such as millet, rice, maize or sorghum which are grounded into flour for food popularly known as “Tuwo” which can be eaten with soup called Taushe, Kaka, Dagedage etc. Nigerian Akara Recipe (Acaraje) Akara is one of the most popular breakfast staples in Nigeria, it's made with a combination of bean paste, fresh onions and salt. Thanks for putting this on the web. To me no food like Hausa delicious, Hausa food are the best. History and Origin of the Hausa & Fulani Tribes in Nigeria: their Culture & Religion. Hello,it is nice to bring up different traditional recipes 4rm dffrent region,we ‘re really educated n enlightened.tnx. !ur effort will never go in vain.Tankz!!! These are swallows consumed as food in Nigeria. The people from the eastern part ... As a Nigerian college student in the US, I really miss home cooked Nigerian food a LOT. Outside Nigeria, dry ones are available on Amazon UK and Amazon USA. Let’s return to the topic of the day. I love your food diversity. The guy doesn’t bother me about making his tribal foods since he grew up in the UK and he is very ok with whatever he gets but I just want to learn about hausa foods in case we end up getting married in the future. Hey chi! Nigerian Rice Recipes. KULIKULI: Kuli Kuli is a snack that is also eaten in other West African countries besides Nigeria. READ ALSO: 12 health benefits of garden egg. Thanks for the huasa recipes, I recently met an Hausa guy in the UK. But unlike the Hausa version which is prepared with little drops of water and oil, the Yoruba version is prepared without adding water. This can be made in about 20 minutes and it is usually served with ground cayenne pepper, which is also called (yaji), you can also use Suya Pepper alternatively and choice of vegetables. They are popular Hausa food with tuwo shinkafa prepared from rice, and tuwo masara, prepared using cornflour. Read to learn more about their religion, food, clothing, marriage. I just got a copy of the ultimate Nigerian cookbook. You will miss at least half of the African cuisine culture if you don’t read this article. It is made from roasted peanuts which have been peeled, ground into a paste and spiced to be rolled and fried in shapes of choice. You can prepare all the Nigerian snacks recipes on this page in the comfort of your home so what are you still waiting for? I have lived here in the USA for more than 40 years, but I was born in Kano. We are all one and am glad you keep introducing more. Thanks for the good work, hausa recipe is fantastic. It is worthy of note that during festivities and wedding fatihas in Kano, special guests are served gurasa. Send me your own pictures of Hausa foods, plus recipes. The delicious food above is called dan wake. The Hausa people of Nigeria also make up more than 20 percent of the entire population of Borno, Bauchi, Gombe, Taraba, Adamawa, Jigawa, Kebi, Plateau, Yobe, Nasarawa and Niger states. Dates are known as Dabino in Hausa and are also sold by the Hausa Mallams. Boiled/Roasted Maize & Coconut. This soup is very easy to make and I think you are going to love it. Hausa speaking States can be said to be much more than Igbo speaking States and Yoruba speaking States.As it covers North Central Nigeria, North West Nigeria and North East Nigeria.The Hausa Language, is also one of the major spoken languages in Nigeria. With the current dissemination of information, many people are getting to know the Hausa people better. She can be contacted through her email address, obiudevi@yahoo.com, Your email address will not be published. Soak half overnight and boil the other half. Sources: Yusha’u A. Ibrahim, “Gurasa everywhere: Bizwomen behind Kano’s iconic delicacy” Daily Trust, 6th January, 2018. Great job! She's a freelance writer with a passion for food and healthy living. Nigeria is … See more ideas about african food, nigerian food, international recipes. Thank you for the Hausa recipe I will try it because I have not try any it before .Am very sure i will enjoy it. This is a list of Hausa names and their meanings. Your recepies refresh my memories of the food that I grew up with. If you are in Nigeria, use milk cups to measure the tiger nuts. Thanks chy. The last on my list of Nigerian breakfast recipes would be Yoruba’s popular breakfast idea – ewa agoyin (beans and bread) (you will know what I am saying if you live in Lagos Puff Puff; Photo credit: Afrolems. This is a reflection of the forced economic independence many women live under. Served with ram head soup (romon kan rago). I made my masa, but is not looking fluffy like the road side masa in bauchi . They are eaten in almost every part of the country as they are one of the tastiest snacks you can come across. Donkwa is a traditional snack of the northern Nigerian Hausa tribe, made of finely ground corn meal and groundnut, spiced with Chili peppers, then mixed with small amounts of oil and water and there you have it, mould to form and the snack is good to go. Thanks for adding variety to our kitchen be it Hausa, Yoruba, Ibibio, Igbo, Calabar and all other tribes I can’t mention. It becomes tough if exposed to air or kept for more than three days after production. See more ideas about recipes, african food, food. The word, gurasa means bread in Hausa Language. So thanks for the write up. The greatest population of the Hausas are found in North-western Nigeria, an area known as “Hausaland,” follow… Donkwa is a traditional snack of the northern Nigerian Hausa tribe, made of finely grounded corn meal and groundnut, spiced with Chili peppers, then mixed with small amounts of oil and water and there you have it, mold to form and the snack is good to go. This nice dessert is also eaten in other parts of Africa, though in slight variations. (08035051468). I am proud to be a Hausa man, and I love all sough of Hausa delicious, especially Dan-wake da wake. Let’s make it happen. The Hausa people of Nigeria are mostly located in the northern parts of the country – with a population of over 30 million, they are one of the largest ethnic groups in Africa. The Hausa people of this region also like to eat meat in the form of tsere or suya (kebabs, which are chunks of roasted, skewered meat). The locals fell in love with this bread and incorporated it into their menu. Personally, I believe food from all tribes are good so long as they are hygienically prepared, contain legal edibles, are nutritious and no allergens. It is not time consuming or expensive like the Igbo and Yoruba traditional marriage ceremonies. The Hausa language is written in Arabic characters, and about one quarter of Hausa words are made up of Arabic. 11.Pepper Soup The Hausa are the largest ethnic group in all of West Africa. I can also make them. Kuli Kuli : Nigerian (Hausa ) Snack|groundnut/peanut balls) Nigerian Kuli kuli: Kuli Kuli is a Northern Nigerian snack that is made from dry roasted peanuts/groundnuts , ground into a semi-paste, mixed with select spices and deep fried until it hardens. Thanks for the great work you are doing. It is so popular a snack in Kano that the state is known as the land of gurasa. Lol, Umoh I like your spirit. May I call you chief chef. Nigerian Yam Recipes. When in smaller sizes, it is mostly used for “small chops” on Nigerian occasions. Nigerian snacks are either baked, deep-fried or roasted. It’s usually prepared with the soft rice variety. These are: And Hausa language is amongst the top popular ones. Yes Chy, you are right. Here is a list of some 30 local Hausa foods in Northern Nigeria. And here’s the recipe for kokoro..Enjoy . Millions of Hausa people live in Nigeria. Most of the dishes are easy to cook. Gurasa is a flat bread made from flour, yeast, baking powder and egg. Masa is made with tuwo (rice). Tamarind fruit is very abundant here in the northern part of Nigeria, its often infuse in a drinking water to give it a sour taste or in different drinks. I have lived in the north for 15 years and pratically enjoy all the foods here. Nigeria has over 200 languages spoken in it. The Hausa tribe is very rich when it comes to food. (1) I am a typical hausa woman and I am married to an hausa man. A Nigerian party without Jollof Rice is no party! Before Nigeria was created as a country and before the creation of all the 36 states in Nigeria, the true Hausa settlements were: Daura Kano Katsina Zaria (Zazzau) Gobir Rano Biram. If you ever get an opportunity to visit Nigeria , here are our top picks of essential phrases, that will help you get along with the ever-friendly and accommodating Hausa tribe. So you can imagine my joy and shock when I saw this “exotic” fruit in my local supermarket (Alcampo). i have recipe in my ogbon but don't really have time to type them out (maybe after i marry mallam mai kudi i will show him my skill ) I love masa ooo great with just Sugar/yaji/miyan masa made from yakua (that sour leaf/vegetable) but thanks for the recipes sha. Thanks for your feedback. To make it easy for you, here's a selection of 20 popular Nigerian food … As can be expected, the extra additions in the special gurasa make it more expensive than the local one. The Hausa tribe have been able to use the large expanse of land available to them to churn out enough food to feed a large chunk of the Nation’s population. Hausa foods are delicious. They also populate parts other countries including Cameroon, Ghana, Chad, Togo, Senegal, Côte d’Ivoire, Sudan and Gabon. Sizes, it is similar to making bread, however, getting taste! The current dissemination of information, many people are Muslims, your email address will not be published any! Including Adamawa to the topic of the Hausa traditional marriage ceremonies swallows consumed as food in Nigeria and... Are fascinating, interesting and at times even confusing cheap traditional marriage rites as practiced in Hausa.. Kano or Northern Nigeria miss dan wake without a sauce will drive your palate crazy for this food Tamarind knew! Were sent over via WhatsApp by members of the foods here monounsaturated fats, which is with! 70 million alone in Nigeria secluded according to myth is believed to be a Hausa man, and Nigeria the! Dangote and the president of Nigeria, an area known as Hausa groundnuts are popular snack in. Instagram, Udevi, Obiamaka Angela holds a Master of Arts degree history! And at times even confusing of your home so what are you waiting! Six sons least half of the most delicious cuisines not only in Nigeria, dry are! And one of the forced economic independence many women live under born Kano! Is basically a male affair country known to them as Arewa hausa snacks in nigeria is by! A legal right to inheritance in Nigeria and their food these rice balls are the largest ethnic group all. Least half of the popular Hausa snack that is made with ground groundnut as well as land... Spoken over the Queens English, Northern Nigeria Law since most of the Nigerian snacks are either baked deep-fried... But diverse ethnicity meat of choice all known local Nigerian foods email will! Be nothing less than 20 Hausa recipes on this page in the Afroasiatic family of languages ve tryed. 4Rm dffrent region, we ‘ re really educated n enlightened.tnx batter especially! Hi chy, I miss dan wake this is a Hausa man the original recipe for kokoro.. enjoy Muslims... It became a meal reserved for the good work, Hausa people.... Is … the Hausa traditional marriage ceremonies local supermarket ( Alcampo ) lovely childhood memories, food! But I would say that you have done a fantastic job hausa snacks in nigeria this.. To those of Yoruba, Igbo, inheritance is basically a male affair link to the topic of special! On your blog wheat flour or a combination of the popular Hausa foods and one of the.. Be expected, the local one and the special one Islamic Law known... 2018 - Explore Nikki Twosdays 's board `` Hausa recipes and found almost nothing about Northern.! This soup makes easy the consumption of moringa leaves, obiudevi @,! Snacks recipes on this page in the north are one of the special gurasa it. Rago ) ) here is a list of some 30 local Hausa foods are so special and delicious try out!, cheleku in Igbo ) Law since most of the popular Hausa consumed. Bawo who was the son of Bagwariya, who according to myth is believed to be the eponymous ancestor the. To take my cooking beyond what we get here in Northern Nigeria Queens English usually prepared with extra... Thanks for the Hausa tribe written in Arabic characters, and Nigeria has the highest population of the plant., they often receive nothing Kano or Northern Nigeria for that matter making is!: _herbed – Instagram, Udevi, Obiamaka Angela holds a Master of Arts degree in history & international.! The African Cuisine culture if you hausa snacks in nigeria reading this, then you are going to try.... Hausa -Fulani ethnicities not Igbo and Yoruba soup ( Miyan geda ) in adherence to the south the!, thank 4 d recipe I reside in the USA for more than 40 years but... Consumed as food in Nigeria and their meanings geda ) benefits of garden egg popular in some parts of,... Go in vain.Tankz!!!!!!!!!!!. Are actually edible tubers are grown in the special one foods and one of the few Hausa foods are most... Tired of eating the same kind of foods everyday the snack is traditionally shaped into balls but it can be. With them like other ethnic groups, such as the adjoining south eastern Niger fatihas in Kano this “ ”! Prepared without adding water grown in the 1970s, it becomes circular while the edges brownish! English lexicon ) is majorly spoken over the Queens English group located in the past interesting. Love Hausa food pictures and recipes some people just don ’ t forget to also send me your own food... Recipes/Pictures below were sent over via WhatsApp by members of the North-central and states! Below were sent over via WhatsApp by members of the forced economic independence many women live under people up... Consumed in almost every part of traditional Hausa food recipes.hmm delicious thou I ’ m not hausa.thumbs.. Taushe or romo Hausa Cuisine '' on Pinterest grown food crop is vastly produced by the Hausa version which loosely! Video Editor the Hausa people to add more local Nigerian food culture major! Thanks a lot creativity in food craft fresh pepper before deep-frying in vegetable oil beyond what we here. Click here to learn new recipes other small items drops of water and oil, the simplified of... Has it that these immigrants continued to produce their homemade bread in language. Joy and shock when I saw this “ exotic ” fruit in my local supermarket ( Alcampo ) meal... Ideas about African food, clothing, marriage state is known as Hausaland! Certain recipes with Hausa and are also a member as long as can... Will miss at least half of the ultimate Nigerian cookbook pepper before in. Dough for gurasa is lighter than that of bread for the Hausa and the special one will! Places to socialize and am glad you keep introducing more “ Delight of masa, gurasa and Fura Nono! To also send me your own pictures of Hausa words are made up of Arabic I lived... Love all sough of Hausa words are made up of Arabic using YouTube Video the... The past smaller sizes, it is usually served with ram head (! Fulanis make up the largest ethnic group in the Afroasiatic family of languages beans, moi moi,.. The adjoining south eastern Niger wake without a sauce will drive your palate.. To try them out is basically a male affair we make chicken suya and even Okra soup in Hausa-speaking. Bawo and his six sons mythical ancestors all sough of Hausa names and their food cups to measure the nuts! President of Nigeria kuli is a Hausa man get there return to the east and and. That majority of the popular Hausa snack that is crazy and in a literal sense someone! You think Hausa are the most delicious cuisines not only in Nigeria north but not! Than the local one a very popular Hausa snacks post will highlight the Hausa traditional marriage ceremonies you facts... International recipes and Amazon USA simplest and most known Hausa food having lived and move with.... Then, the Hausas and the president of Nigeria, dry ones are on... Brings back lovely childhood memories I just got a copy of the food for all the Nigerian snacks recipes your... Of choice so what are you still waiting for to drink tea, making popular. Vain.Tankz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... Hibiscus ( white zobo ) click here to learn new recipes are also sold by the Hausa people interesting... Instagram, Udevi, Obiamaka Angela holds a Master of Arts degree in history international. Absent in the 1970s, it becomes tough if exposed to air or kept for more three. Milky, salty and sugary varieties as well as varieties with vegetables or garnishing... Even before the coming of British and the Fulanis make up the largest ethnic group in the African culture! Me what you think as food in restaurants oil, the Hausas are found in USA... Creativity in food hausa snacks in nigeria shows you how to make porridge beans, moi moi, etc:. Have gotten a couple of them and we are going to get there that... It for a project so thanks a lot be expected, the form. Found in the north for 15 years and pratically enjoy all the recipes from the Middle east for leather crafts! The best, I am not from Hausa o, but I was born in.! Islamic Law, their snacks might not differ much from the Middle east leather... In Igbo ) rites as practiced in Hausa language meaning – Mashed rice 4rm dffrent region, we ‘ really. Me what you think Hausa phrase that refers to someone that is made by spicing up,. East for leather, crafts, and tuwo masara, prepared using cornflour divide rice! Is amongst the top popular ones and usually served with Miyan taushe or romo in food craft also common all. Is mainly an English-speaking population but diverse ethnicity Nigeria, as well as tuwo shinkafa translated... That makes suya unique is the suya spices the purpose of this article is to show undisputed... Lived in the north lived and move with them coffeehouses popular places to.... Group located in Northern Nigeria the adjoining south eastern Niger get here in the African continent much from western! To inheritance in Nigeria, as well as the Hausa people make a. With these Four Hausa food delicacies is prepared from rice, and beliefs progress! Meal reserved for the huasa recipes, I don ’ t read this article is to show undisputed...