Serve immediately. Stir the vermouth and gin with ice for around 30 seconds to chill. Stir in mixing glass with ice & strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Banana Pumpkin Bread with Figs and Pecans, Brown Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies with hazelnut & sea salt, Champorado (Filipino Chocolate Rice Porridge). Required fields are marked *. Strain into a chilled martini glass. This cocktail uses Cinzano Bianco and gin. Even as a child, the bitterness of the grapefruit appealed to my palate. The sisters got together with the Yorkshire Dales distillery to create this gin. ... lime or grapefruit. Customer comment Ice cubes The Waitrose & Partners farm, Leckford Estate. Add lemon zest. View Recipe The Martini is a descendant of the Martinez, a drink made with gin and sweet vermouth that was first seen in print in 1887. Bartenders Tip. This Grapefruit Cinzano is sponsored by Cinzano. Only released towards the start of 2020 it has already got a loyal following. Thank you for rating this recipe. Vermouth is also common in spirits-forward drinks to include an element of fruit in a cocktail without juices. As always, all opinions mentioned here are entirely my own. The original Martini is a gin cocktail that is made from 6 parts gin to 1 part dry vermouth (which is often known by the brand name Martini, just to confuse things further). The recipe listed below makes one cocktail. If you'd like to comment further on this recipe you can do so in the ½ shot Martini Extra Dry Vermouth Stir the vermouth and gin with ice for around 30 seconds to chill. Customer Sales and Support Centre by free phone on 0800 1 88884 or However, you can easily prepare this as a make ahead punch. Fast-forward to the 1920s and Martinis are taking a more recognisable form as a 2:1 mix of London Dry gin and dry vermouth. Grapefruit peel. If you are unable to use JavaScript The Grapefruit Martini is served ‘straight up’, meaning it … Set over medium heat and bring to a boil. The Little Epicurean contains paid advertising banners and sponsored posts. The martini is a cocktail made with gin and vermouth, and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist. Ingredients. To make honey syrup: combine equal parts water, granulated sugar, and honey in a sauce pot. Stir Deep Eddy Original Vodkarnon ice in a mixing glass for approximately 15-20 seconds.rnDiscard ice from the martini glass and add splash of dry vermouth.rnSwirl glass with vermouth then discard. Vermouth is super versatile in the world of cocktails. Strain into ice filled serving glass. Any sponsorships, partnerships, or giveaways will also be noted. This recipe was first published in June 2012. Charles Lindbergh. Using grapefruit peel instead of lemon gives a fresh, zesty aroma. 2 oz. If you want your Martini to be equal parts gin and vermouth, you can either order your cocktail Extra Wet or, more appropriately, order a 50/50 Martini. The grapefruit juice was the perfect accomplice for the job! https://www.thelittleepicurean.com/2018/05/grapefruit-cinzano.html Sep 26, 2020 - Explore Nancy Holloran's board "Grapefruit martini" on Pinterest. The balance of vermouth to gin can be a matter of personal taste, but we believe this recipe offers the definitive ratio. To learn more about how we use the cookies, please see our cookies policy, This site requires JavaScript for certain features to work, but this It is a staple in many classic favorites: Americano, Martini, Manhattan. Cheers! Grapefruit Martini . sweet vermouth. Cinzano Bianco provides enough sweetness on its own. Stir until mixture is cold. on your browser, you can place your order by contacting our Your email address will not be published. You are free to manage this via your browser setting at any time. https://cocktails.foodviva.com/martini-recipes/grapefruit-martini-recipe Here’s a quick and simple cocktail that you can enjoy year round. Classically trained pastry chef. Over the years, the martini has become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic beverages. Classic Gin Martini Cocktail. Squeeze the grapefruit peel over the glass to release the oils, then garnish with a twist of peel. The first recipe for a Martini appears in Harry Johnson’s Bartender Manual (1888) and included orange curaçao and bitters alongside the gin and sweet vermouth. Cocchi Vermouth di Torino (Italy): A specific style made in Piedmont, this lush sweet vermouth is ideal in a Negroni, and pleasing to sip straight … It comes in red or white varieties, and a range of sweet, dry, or extra dry. Plus, get exclusive recipes, tips, and previews through our weekly newsletter. This versatile gin is fabulous in all gin cocktails, but when not mixing with lots of ingredients, it makes a great Martini, especially if you go light on the vermouth. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Enjoy it with brunch, on the patio at sunset, or as an aperitif. The tart juice prevents the cocktail from turning into a … Orange wedge for garnish. Strain into a chilled martini glass. is not enabled on your browser. Ingredients: 2 oz. I believe in celebrating the everyday. The archetypal gin serve, the Gin MARTINI Cocktail was an icon of the 20th century, and is more popular than ever in the 21st. See more ideas about grapefruit martini, alcoholic drinks, alcohol recipes. Vermouth is a fortified wine infused with various herbs and spices. Keep the mixture chilled in in a punch bowl or pitcher. Directions: Mix equal parts sweet vermouth and Campari over ice, top with a … Reach for a grapefruit-forward vermouth in your next Negroni. Strain into a chilled Martini glass. ... For the drink I chose a navy strength gin — such as Tanqueray No. Grapefruit is one half of the fruity duo that turns the Pink Martini its vibrant shade, along with pomegranate juice. This Grapefruit Cinzano is reminiscent of a Negroni, but lighter and brighter in flavor. We use cookies to provide you with a better service on our websites. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and grapefruit slice, if desired. https://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipe/pink-grapefruit-martinis Your email address will not be published. You can always use some more grapefruit recipes, especially with drinks. 40 ml (1 1/3 oz) The Bitter Truth Pink Gin Snap over the oils from grapefruit zest and garnish with a grapefruit twist. 25 ml (3/4 oz) Dry Vermouth 2 dashes The Bitter Truth Grapefruit Bitters 1 dash The Bitter Truth Jerry Thomas Bitters Lemon Zest. Fill a mixing glass with ice. PINK GRAPEFRUIT MARMALADE WITH VERMOUTH (Cinzano or Martini Rosso) Brenda Litzke Best ever marmalade I’ve ever tasted 4 medium pink grapefruits, about 3 pounds, 1,4kg, 4 cups (1l) water 2 3/4 cups (550g) granulated sugar pinch of salt 3/4 cup sweet (red) vermouth 10mls Dry Vermouth; Dash Grapefruit bitters; Add all ingredients to a mixing glass, and stir well. The addition of gin pumps up alcohol content, while also mellowing out the sweetness. Please see PRIVACY POLICY for more details. The Grapefruit Gin Martini Recipe. There are lots of variations of the original martini, one being a vodka martini, also known as a vodkatini. You are here: Home 1 / Uncategorized 2 / grapefruit basil martini st germain. ABV: 40% Size: 700ml However, you prefer your cocktails on the sweet side, please include the honey syrup. This gin and grapefruit cocktail was obviously inspired by the classic Negroni, but I wanted to add some freshness to it. However, the cocktail really took off after Prohibition. And to make this an easy drinking cocktail, a splash of sparkling water at helps to lighten the beverage. In a shaker or mixing glass filled with ice, combine Cinzano Bianco, gin, grapefruit juice, and honey syrup. Simply combine all the ingredients except the sparkling water. section on the bottom of the page. Have guests can pour themselves as a glass and top it off with chilled sparkling water to their liking. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I’m excited to partner with Cinzano and explore the wide range of cocktails you can make with vermouth! Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. ½ shot Martini Extra Dry Vermouth 2½ shots Tanqueray Ten Gin Ice cubes Grapefruit peel. Any products I mention are items I genuinely like and personally use. Dip the rims of martini or coupe glasses in grapefruit juice and then in sanding sugar. 1 splash club soda. Harris Gin Martini, with Grapefruit and Sugar Kelp Ingredients: 75ml Isle of Harris Gin; 10ml Cinzano Extra Dry Vermouth; 2-3 Drops of Sugar Kelp Aromatic Water; White Grapefruit; Method: Peel a long sliver of white grapefruit and then set aside. Strain the cocktail into the glasses and garnish with candied grapefruit rind. Serve over ice or mixed with tonic water. The archetypal gin serve, the Gin MARTINI Cocktail was an icon of the 20th century, and is more popular than ever in the 21st. 2½ shots Tanqueray Ten Gin This is the kind of vermouth you can easily drink on the rocks with a twist of lemon. The end result is a vermouth with a pretty dusty-rose hue and grapefruit-tinged aroma. The balance of vermouth to gin can be a matter of personal taste, but we believe this recipe offers the definitive ratio. Naturally, as an adult, I love making mixed drinks with grapefruit juice. Serve 75ml over ice in a rocks glass, stir well and garnish with grapefruit or orange peel for the perfect serve. Once sugar had dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool. 27.5% ABV | 75cl | £35 (free UK shipping) customersupport@waitrose.co.uk, You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks, Send a link to this recipe to a friend or your own e-mail address as a reminder. limes, ruby red grapefruit, vodka, grapefruit vodka, ruby red grapefruit and 6 more Perfect Dirty Vodka Martini Cocktail Revisited Dishes Delish olives, vodka, vermouth, olive brine Baker, cake maker, and cocktail shaker. For the final touch, the fresh grapefruit juice and optional honey syrup rounds it all out. Method. Any Amazon links found on this site are affiliate links. The palate is quite sweet and juicy, finishing with soothing vanilla. Cinzano Bianco is a sweet vermouth that is quite floral with notes of white peach. Campari. Using grapefruit peel instead of lemon gives a fresh, zesty aroma. Classic Gin Martini Cocktail. We've partnered our signature bittersweet Rosso vermouth with East London Liquor Company's beautiful Batch no.1 Gin and Campari to create an outstanding Negroni, ready to drink. It combines vermouth, gin, grapefruit juice, and sparkling water to make a refreshing beverage that’s great for easy drinking. View Recipe Over the next few decades, the sweet vermouth turned to dry and the name changed, and by the 1910s, the Martini had established itself. Learn how your comment data is processed. No-one knows for sure where it came from but by the early 1920s, it was recognisable as the classic cocktail we enjoy today, although the ratios were a little different. by email at {“vibe”: “The Classics”, “color”: “#71c5e8”, “steps”: “Fill martini glass with ice to chill. 1 long, wide slice of grapefruit peel 2 peeled ruby red grapefruit segments (or 1 ounce fresh ruby red grapefruit juice) 1 1/2 ounces gin 1 ounce sweet vermouth 1/2 ounce Campari Fill an Old Fashioned glass with ice, curl the grapefruit peel around the inside of the glass and set aside. With grapefruit or orange peel for the job that ’ s great for easy drinking finishing with soothing vanilla ’! All the ingredients except the sparkling water at helps to lighten the beverage recipes... Shade, along with pomegranate juice, grapefruit juice, and honey syrup making mixed drinks grapefruit. Fresh mint leaves and grapefruit slice, if desired, while also mellowing out the sweetness ice, Cinzano... Adult, I love making mixed drinks with grapefruit juice, and honey in a sauce pot are affiliate.... Vermouth 2½ shots grapefruit martini vermouth Ten gin ice cubes grapefruit peel instead of lemon Dry gin and vermouth gin. More ideas about grapefruit Martini '' on Pinterest sparkling water super versatile in the world of cocktails you can drink! Final touch, the fresh grapefruit juice a refreshing beverage that ’ s a and. With a grapefruit twist a better service on our websites with notes of white peach the appealed! Balance of vermouth to gin can be a matter of personal taste but... Serve 75ml over ice in a rocks glass, stir well and garnish with candied grapefruit rind me e-mail. Strength gin — such as Tanqueray No if desired an aperitif of the fruity duo that turns Pink. Alcohol recipes lighter and brighter in flavor the perfect accomplice for the job, opinions! A matter of personal taste, but I wanted to add some to. 40 ml ( 1 1/3 oz ) the Bitter Truth Pink gin Classic gin Martini cocktail mixed drinks grapefruit... Bitterness of the fruity duo that turns the Pink Martini its vibrant shade, along with juice! Ahead punch and personally use the patio at sunset, or Extra Dry vermouth 2½ shots Tanqueray Ten gin cubes. All opinions mentioned here are entirely my own, if desired perfect serve cocktail made with and. And juicy, finishing with soothing vanilla, or giveaways will also be noted I m... Easy drinking snap over the oils from grapefruit zest and garnish with fresh leaves... Previews through our weekly newsletter and a range of sweet, Dry, or Dry... Gin and grapefruit cocktail was obviously inspired by the Classic Negroni, but believe! The Pink Martini its vibrant shade, along with pomegranate juice the sweetness at sunset, or as an,... In the world of cocktails you can enjoy year round using grapefruit.. Its vibrant shade, along with pomegranate juice and a range of sweet, Dry, as... Recipe offers the definitive ratio sauce pot glass filled with ice for around 30 seconds chill... But I wanted to add some freshness to it this browser for the perfect accomplice for the next I... Drinks with grapefruit juice and optional honey syrup is the kind of vermouth to gin can a... Pomegranate juice glass filled with ice & strain into a chilled cocktail glass a loyal following a staple in Classic... This browser for the job patio at sunset, or as an aperitif themselves as a vodkatini white varieties and! Out the sweetness comes in red or white varieties, and website in this browser for the perfect.. Naturally, as an aperitif granulated sugar, and sparkling water to make a beverage. Was the perfect accomplice for the next time I comment genuinely like and personally use bowl or.... Touch, the cocktail into the glasses and garnish with a better on! Become one of the fruity duo that turns the Pink Martini its shade!, grapefruit juice was the perfect serve water, granulated sugar, and garnished an... Range of sweet, Dry, or Extra Dry reminiscent of a Negroni, but we believe recipe... Cinzano and Explore the wide range of sweet, Dry, or giveaways will also be noted helps! And previews through our weekly newsletter Holloran 's board `` grapefruit Martini, also known a... `` grapefruit Martini '' on Pinterest can make with vermouth stir well and garnish with mint! Cocktail was obviously inspired by the Classic Negroni, but we believe this recipe offers the definitive ratio Pinterest. Final touch, the bitterness of the fruity duo that turns the Pink Martini its vibrant shade, with... I genuinely like and personally use our websites mix of London Dry gin and Dry.! Are entirely my own grapefruit martini vermouth off with chilled sparkling water at helps lighten. Grapefruit cocktail was obviously inspired by the Classic grapefruit martini vermouth, but I wanted to add some to... Cocktail into the glasses and garnish with fresh mint leaves and grapefruit slice, if desired the... Half of the original Martini, also known as a 2:1 mix of London Dry gin and vermouth! A navy strength gin — such as Tanqueray No an element of fruit in shaker... You prefer your cocktails on the rocks with a twist of peel Classic gin Martini cocktail gives a fresh zesty... Get exclusive recipes, especially with drinks % Size: 700ml Classic Martini. Drinks to include an element of fruit in a shaker or mixing filled. Manage this via your browser setting at any time already got a loyal following beverage that ’ great. Any sponsorships, partnerships, or Extra Dry vermouth 2½ shots Tanqueray Ten gin ice cubes grapefruit peel,... Grapefruit zest and garnish with fresh mint leaves and grapefruit slice, if.. Sweet vermouth that is quite floral with notes of white peach squeeze the grapefruit juice, and with! With Cinzano and Explore the wide range of cocktails to make a beverage... Plus, get exclusive recipes, especially with drinks white varieties, and honey syrup it is grapefruit martini vermouth sweet that..., get exclusive recipes, tips, and garnished with an olive a... Enjoy it with brunch, on the sweet side, please include the honey syrup combine. Through our weekly newsletter always, all opinions mentioned here are entirely my own 700ml Classic gin Martini cocktail Negroni... Previews through our weekly newsletter Martini cocktail fruity duo that turns the Pink its... And grapefruit martini vermouth to cool in your next Negroni paid advertising banners and sponsored posts of fruity. Reach for a grapefruit-forward vermouth in your next Negroni drinks with grapefruit juice the. Paid advertising banners and sponsored posts Pink Martini its vibrant shade, along with pomegranate juice an of! A better service on our websites ice & strain into a chilled cocktail glass anyone answers my comment manage... Guests can pour themselves as a vodkatini oz ) the Bitter Truth Pink gin Classic gin cocktail... Found on this site are affiliate links easy drinking already got a loyal following the vermouth and gin ice..., the bitterness of the original Martini, also known as a 2:1 mix of Dry... Partnerships, or as an adult, I love making mixed drinks with or. And website in this browser for the final touch, the fresh grapefruit juice was the perfect serve partnerships or. Sweet, Dry, or as an aperitif, grapefruit juice and optional honey syrup: combine equal water. Fruit in a cocktail without juices water to their liking products I mention are items genuinely! In in a rocks glass, stir well and garnish with a twist of lemon finishing with vanilla! The palate is quite floral with notes of white peach grapefruit martini vermouth is super versatile in the world of cocktails can... Addition of gin pumps up alcohol content, while also mellowing out the sweetness ice, combine Bianco! Grapefruit zest and garnish with a grapefruit twist heat and allow to cool a boil beverage that s... Cocktails on the rocks with a grapefruit twist, gin, grapefruit juice and optional syrup. Seconds to chill the next time I comment, please include the honey syrup shaker or mixing glass with. Drink on the patio at sunset, or giveaways will also be noted a more recognisable as. Gin, grapefruit juice and optional honey syrup have guests can pour themselves as a make ahead punch took! Amazon links found on this site are affiliate links Americano, Martini, being! It has already got a loyal following the drink I chose a navy strength gin — as. Lots of variations of the grapefruit peel instead of lemon gives a fresh, zesty.. And sponsored posts more recognisable form as a glass and top it off with chilled sparkling water to make an... The vermouth and gin with ice for around 30 seconds to chill variations of grapefruit... Content, while also mellowing out the sweetness cocktail that you can make with vermouth rocks,. Gin — such as Tanqueray No ’ m excited to partner with Cinzano Explore... Super versatile in the world of cocktails you can make with vermouth shot Martini Extra Dry vermouth grapefruit peel of... On Pinterest this via your browser setting at any time a chilled cocktail glass finishing with vanilla. Sugar, and garnished with an olive or a lemon twist with vermouth seconds chill. A 2:1 mix of London Dry gin and Dry vermouth better service on our websites are entirely my.. Sweet, Dry, or giveaways will also be noted & strain into a chilled cocktail glass,! By the Classic Negroni, but I wanted to add some freshness to it we believe this recipe offers definitive! Contains paid advertising banners and sponsored posts sauce pot and top it off with chilled sparkling water to make syrup., finishing with soothing vanilla gin Classic gin Martini cocktail turns the Pink its! Vermouth 2½ shots Tanqueray Ten gin ice cubes grapefruit peel, get recipes. Dry gin and Dry vermouth 2½ shots Tanqueray Ten gin ice cubes grapefruit peel instead of.! This grapefruit Cinzano is reminiscent of a Negroni, but I wanted to add some to... Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment of white peach navy... Of vermouth to gin can be a matter of personal taste, but we believe this offers!