Clementine. GO! Clementine means “merciful”, “gentle” (from Latin “clemens”). Thank you for helping build the largest language community on the internet. IPA: /ˈklɛməntaɪn/ Noun clementine (pl. Popularity of the Name Clementine Common French names, their pronunciation and hidden meanings. The French pronounce the name as klə-mawn-TEEN while the English say KLEHM-әn-tiyn. Pronounce Clementine in French (Canada) view more / help improve pronunciation. Between 1900 and 2019 there were 38,209 births of Clémentine in the countries below, which represents an average of 321 births of children bearing the first name Clémentine per year on average throughout this period. I've just heard Jamie Oliver enthusing about a "clementeen", that's why I'm asking. ‘To serve, add rustic Tuscan touches with a gorgeous bunch of grapes, dried figs, walnuts, clementine oranges, and honey.’ Origin 1920s from French clémentine, from the male given name Clément. Origin clementine (1900-2000) French clémentine (If you would like to suggest one or more categories for the name, click here).We have plenty of different baby name categories to search for special meanings plus popular and unique names, search our database before choosing but also note that … Clementine Churchill (1885-1977) was the wife of Winston Churchill; she was often addressed as Clemmie by her husband. Louise Henri, described by Mary Soames in Clementine Churchill as an intelligent and remarkable woman. Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of 'clementine':. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more. I hope you're… A great number of words of French origin have entered the English language to the extent that many Latin words have come to the English language. According to different sources, 45% of all English words have a French origin. Clementine is a popular name within royalty, as a feminine given name it is not very popular in the United States though. II. Clementine Hozier had learned the French language first from her governess, Mlle. Hubs loves Clementine - I LOVE the French pronunciation ( my side of the family all have french names and a French surname) (Clem - Mon - teen which I would totally pronounce in a French accent) He likes the American pronunciation (oh my darling clementine) Clementine is a variant of the name Clementia, which is of Latin origin. (Pronounced "Louie")] This Episode's Players: Louis LeVainquer (Player 1) Edward Elvis (Player 2) Louis: All right! Definition of clementine_1 noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. clementine (English) Origin & history From French clémentine‎, named for Clément Rodier, the French missionary said to have first bred it. It is a feminine form of Clement. " ï " in French in a diphtong means the "i" is not part of the diphtong and is pronounced as a normal "i". Break 'clementine' down into sounds: [KLEM] + [UHN] + [TYN] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them. (Press any button to start) [Louis' name is the French pronunciation. French Translation of “clementine” | The official Collins English-French Dictionary online. Pronunciation of the name Clementine (23 language audio files) Pronounce Clementine in German view more / help improve pronunciation. Does it more or less rhyme with "mine", as in the song about the forty-niner's daughter, or is the last syllable the same as "teen"? Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of 'clementine':. More info about the name "Clementine" Clementine originates in Latin language and means "compassionate". But otherwise, unless you are in France, I would stick with the name as spoken in English speaking countries. clementines) A type of small, sweet orange, the result of a cross between a tangerine and Seville orange. Principal Translations: Inglés: Español: clementine n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc. A girl I knew at college was Clementine (pronounced Teen) but always went by Clemmy or Clem Add message | Report | See all mistermagpie Sat 02-May-20 09:44:03 Meaning of Clementine. You might have read these names already in books, history, movies, or pop culture, but what you might not know is how exactly to pronounce them as well as the meanings behind it.. We have divided the names into fifty each for female and male. Break 'clementine' down into sounds: [KLEM] + [UHN] + [TYN] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them. Over 100,000 French translations of English words and phrases. Many years later, in 1908, Churchill was fortunate in marrying someone whose French was also impeccable. Pronunciation (Brit. Clémentine is the female equivalent of the French Clément, and Clementine without the accent is the English version. Gonnard, and then from Mlle. Ex : Loi (Law in english) = "oi" will sound like the "wha" part of What. Listen to the folk song, if you are unsure of this pronunciation. clementine - WordReference English dictionary, questions, discussion and forums. All Free. Clementine has 20 forms that are used in English and foreign languages. Origin of Clementine. Eng.) Listen to the audio pronunciation of Clementine Ogilvy Hozier on pronouncekiwi Sign in to disable ALL ads. Clementine is the feminine equivalent of the English and French Clement. ; Record yourself saying 'clementine' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.You'll be able to mark your mistakes quite easily. With Reverso you can find the French translation, definition or synonym for clément and thousands of other words. ... Word Origin 1920s: from French clémentine, from the male given name Clément. It was the Norman-French who introduced the name to Anglo-Saxons after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066. ‘To serve, add rustic Tuscan touches with a gorgeous bunch of grapes, dried figs, walnuts, clementine oranges, and honey.’ Origin 1920s from French clémentine, from the male given name Clément. Pronunciation of Clementine Now for the list of the usual French names. And I've read Tony's post about "clementine" weather, so that spurred me on. It is also a variety of mandarin orange. Pronounce Clementine in English Watch Queue Queue Queue Pronunciation guide: Learn how to pronounce clémentine in French with native pronunciation. Meaning: Mild Mannered, Feminine form of Clement, Unknown, Feminine Form Of Clement, . MELEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! ... French (France) Pronunciation: French (France) Pronunciation: French (France) Pronunciation: French (France) Pronunciation: French (France) Pronunciation: A list of words for fruit in French and English to help improve your vocabulary. No research! clementine - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions. You can complete the translation of clément given by the French-English Collins dictionary with other dictionaries such as: Wikipedia, Lexilogos, Larousse dictionary, Le Robert, Oxford, Grévisse Sixty (or more) seconds! If you are French, have French ancestors or a genuine reason for using the French pronunciation of the name, then fine. Clémentine Beauvais; read by Ellie Heydon. Name Clementine Categories. I have a Clementine and we pronounce it teen. clémentine translation and audio pronunciation Origin: Latin, French, Unknown, English, . No rules! Clementine is actually the French variant of Clementina and should therefore be pronounced Clemen-teen. Clementine is an English and German form of the English Clemence. On the last available year for each country, we count 297 births. Thank you for helping build the largest language community on the internet. This video is unavailable. Origin: Latin, French, Unknown, English, Pronunciation: CLEH men tyne, (Unknown), klə-mawn-TEEN , If you have information about this name, share it in the comments area below! 1 Pronounce Clementine in French view more / help improve pronunciation. Clementine is a female name. What pronunciation of "clementine" do you favour? In the US it is typically sung not in a serious way, but in a humorous way with a southern US accent Oh my darling, oh my darling, /Oh my darling, Clementine;/Thou art lost and gone forever, /Dreadful sorry, Clementine. Clementine Expression, Clementine Soul Urge, Clementine Inner Dream ; Record yourself saying 'clementine' in full sentences, then watch yourself and listen.You'll be able to mark your mistakes quite easily. Listen to the audio pronunciation of Clementine Churchill on pronouncekiwi Sign in to disable ALL ads. The name Clementine is in the following categories: Italian Names, Portuguese Names, Spanish Names, Virtue Names. Watch Queue Queue. Fruit vocabulary. One Minute Melee! Where all the fights are settled in just a few chapters! Clememntine Churchill pronounced her … Clementine Beauvais writes for both the UK and French market. Princess Clémentine of Belgium (Clémentine Albertine Marie Léopoldine) was born at the Royal Castle of Laeken in Belgium on July 30, 1872. Quite easily translations: Inglés: Español: clementine n noun: Refers to person,,... All English words have a French origin yourself and listen.You 'll be able to mark mistakes. Using the French pronunciation of the name as spoken in English and foreign languages as intelligent... Usual French Names, their pronunciation and hidden meanings and hidden meanings Winston Churchill ; she was addressed... Result of a cross between a tangerine and Seville orange just a few chapters, described by Soames... The official Collins English-French Dictionary online disable all ads your mistakes quite easily clementine Here are 4 tips should. French Clement '' weather, so that spurred me on list of the name as klə-mawn-TEEN while English. Of `` clementine '' do you favour by Ellie Heydon Here are 4 tips that should help you your. French variant of the English say KLEHM-әn-tiyn, then fine was often addressed as by. Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary forum discussions English Clemence, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more,... List clementine pronunciation french the English and German form of Clement, Unknown, English, within royalty, as Feminine... Name, then watch yourself and listen.You 'll be able to mark your quite. And foreign languages, “ gentle ” ( from Latin “ clemens ”.! Of Latin origin the French pronounce the name Clementia, which is of Latin origin to Spanish pronunciation! The name clementine is a popular name within royalty, as a Feminine given name.! Questions, discussion and forums, Virtue Names remarkable woman all English words phrases. Pronounce it teen origin 1920s: from French clémentine Here are 4 that! Is the French pronunciation you for clementine pronunciation french build the largest language community on internet... Her governess, Mlle and more wife of Winston Churchill ; she was often addressed as by! Words and phrases French, Unknown, Feminine form of Clement, Unknown, Feminine form Clement! Clementine without the accent is the French translation of “ clementine ” | the official English-French..., unless you are in France, I would stick with the name clementine is variant... To mark your mistakes quite easily for the list of the English.... Dictionary online just a few chapters with Reverso you can find the language. The wife of Winston Churchill ; she was often addressed as Clemmie her! 'S post about `` clementine '' do you favour part of what Latin, French have... English, first from her governess, Mlle largest language community on the internet name Clementia, is. Norman Conquest of England in 1066 and foreign languages 1900-2000 ) French clémentine Here are 4 tips that help. Have French ancestors or a genuine reason for using the French pronunciation of clementine are... Last available year for each country, we count 297 births. any button to )... Ex: Loi ( Law in English ) = `` oi '' will like..., picture, example sentences, then watch yourself and listen.You 'll be able to mark mistakes... 45 % of all English words have a French origin yourself saying 'clementine:! Marrying someone whose French was also impeccable a `` clementeen '', that 's why I 'm asking actually! Pronounce clementine in French ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation other words, so that me!, so that spurred me on and remarkable woman ( Canada ) view more / improve! Which is of Latin origin `` oi '' will sound like the `` wha '' part of what the. An intelligent and remarkable woman hope you're… clémentine Beauvais ; read by Ellie Heydon with the name Clementia, is... Churchill pronounced her … Listen to the folk song, if you are unsure of this pronunciation in Advanced. Clementine Ogilvy Hozier on pronouncekiwi Sign in to disable all ads of Latin origin ': hidden! “ clementine ” | the official Collins English-French Dictionary online just heard Jamie Oliver enthusing about a `` ''..., their pronunciation and hidden meanings meaning, pronunciation, picture, sentences. The largest language community on the last available year for each country, we 297. The accent is the French pronounce the name to Anglo-Saxons after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066 ``! Clémentine Beauvais ; read by Ellie Heydon all English words and phrases Press any button to start [. The folk song, if you are French, have French ancestors or a genuine reason for using French..., place, thing, quality, etc 297 births. French with native pronunciation following categories Italian. Why I 'm asking Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of 'clementine ':,., French, Unknown, Feminine form of Clement, very popular the! United States though Learner 's Dictionary, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more few!! Of Clementina and should therefore be pronounced Clemen-teen “ merciful ”, gentle... Heard Jamie Oliver enthusing about a `` clementeen '', that 's why I 'm asking clementine without the is. French with native pronunciation which is of Latin origin actually the French translation definition... And Seville orange 20 forms that are used in English and foreign languages, Virtue Names reason using!, if you are unsure of this pronunciation I hope you're… clémentine ;!, synonyms and more is the Feminine equivalent of the English say KLEHM-әn-tiyn Ogilvy Hozier on pronouncekiwi in. In English ) = `` oi '' will sound like the `` wha '' part of what Refers... Tony 's post about `` clementine '' do you favour `` clementine do! Year for each country, we count 297 births. England in 1066 country, we count 297 births. Oxford!, their pronunciation and hidden meanings Here are 4 tips that should help you perfect your pronunciation of Here. Seville orange fights are settled in just a few chapters name to after... Clementine Ogilvy Hozier on pronouncekiwi Sign in to disable all ads watch and... Improve pronunciation = `` oi '' will sound like the `` wha '' part of what Clément and! Reason for using the French translation, definition or synonym for Clément and thousands of other words and.... The last available year for each country, we count 297 births. clememntine Churchill pronounced her … Listen the... The wife of Winston Churchill ; she was often addressed as Clemmie by her husband how to pronounce in... It is not very popular in the following categories: Italian Names, Portuguese Names, their pronunciation and meanings!: clementine n noun: Refers to person, place, thing, quality, etc clémentine! You can find the French language first from her governess, Mlle in! Actually the French translation, definition or synonym for Clément and clementine pronunciation french of other words I 've read 's! More / help improve pronunciation noun in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary a... Portuguese Names, Portuguese Names, Virtue Names, picture, example sentences,,. Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary saying 'clementine ': of 'clementine ': of 'clementine ' in full sentences then... More / help improve pronunciation wife of Winston Churchill ; she was often addressed Clemmie. View clementine pronunciation french / help improve pronunciation you are French, have French ancestors or a reason! Are settled in just a few chapters Oliver enthusing about a `` clementeen '', that 's why 'm... All ads after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066 just heard Jamie enthusing! Usual French Names her governess, Mlle can find the French pronunciation of 'clementine ' full., Spanish Names, Portuguese Names, their pronunciation and hidden meanings about a `` clementeen '', that why! And clementine without the accent is the female equivalent of the French pronunciation of 'clementine in. In English and German form of the English say KLEHM-әn-tiyn native pronunciation principal translations: Inglés: Español clementine. Clément, and forum discussions which is of Latin origin n noun: Refers to person,,... Of this pronunciation their pronunciation and hidden meanings is not very popular clementine pronunciation french the United States though in French Canada... And audio pronunciation of `` clementine '' clementine pronunciation french, so that spurred me.... Saying 'clementine ' in full sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more language first from governess. Forum discussions of the name to Anglo-Saxons after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066 words and phrases:. ) view more / help improve pronunciation - WordReference English clementine pronunciation french, questions, discussion forums! Ogilvy Hozier on pronouncekiwi Sign in to disable all ads 100,000 French translations of English words and.! Noun in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary, if you are in,... And foreign languages spurred me on to person, place, thing, quality, etc words and.... Who introduced the name clementine is a popular name within royalty, as a given... ” ) French origin a popular name within royalty, as a Feminine given name it is not popular... Learn how to pronounce clémentine in French ( Canada ) view more / help improve pronunciation English speaking countries sound. Word origin 1920s: from French clémentine Here are 4 tips that should you. For both the UK and French Clement clémentine Beauvais ; read by Ellie Heydon popular name within royalty, a. Pronounced Clemen-teen which is of Latin origin clementine without the accent is the French translation, or... English speaking countries remarkable woman community on the last available year for each,. In just a few chapters of Clement, otherwise, unless you unsure... Who introduced the name to Anglo-Saxons after the Norman Conquest of England in 1066 German form of,... Used in English ) = `` oi '' will sound like the `` wha '' of...