It's strictly about building, maintaining, and transitioning into the budget you want. You Need A Budget - or YNAB for short - is personal finance software that allows users to manage their funds without needing access to months of historical data. I love YNAB. Personal Budgeting Software for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android These top … YNAB offers bank synching, access to your real-time budgeting data from any device, reports, goal-setting, personal support...and peace of mind. Credit monitors save you money by helping you improve your credit. YNAB is not an entire personal finance management suite – it focuses on budgeting and only budgeting. Yeah, you're right - I did send them a support ticket but just impatient waiting for a reply, wondered if anyone had the same issue. More coming soon in Norway, Finland and Sweden. The fields prompted for by Co-operative bank changed in the last few days so seems someone is trying to get it working. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, There are multiple accounts available. I tried to connect my HSBC UK account and had the same issue. I have to open the mobile app and get a code every time I want to log in via my pc. EDIT: Solved, see solution below by /u/windles :). The only option to download my statements are in midata format which does not work when I try to manually import that file into my ynab. Can I import my YNAB 4 data? You Need a Budget combines easy software with Four Simple Rules to help you quickly gain control of your money, get out of debt, and save more money faster! The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. You can connect all your accounts … YNAB will remember your payee names, and categories, saving you lots of time. A discussion subreddit for popular budgeting software You Need A Budget. HSBC Advance account - £12 M&S dine in voucher 455 views 10 replies 1 point Most recent by General_Grant 19 December at 4:28PM veryintrigued Most recent by Ed-1 … e.g. On average, new budgeters save $600 in their first two months with YNAB. Just be aware that connecting YNAB to your UK bank is likely against the T&Cs and theoretically could mean that your bank may not pay out in a fraud case, as you've given your log in details to a third party. Finder.com Comparison UK Limited (company number: 10482489) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference number: 786446). Budget for every dollar with this detailed app from You Need a Budget. For example, at launch, HSBC's Connected Money used screen-scraping to access all data other than its own, despite being pitched as an 'open banking app' in many publications. Wasn't too bad, shockingly. Connect your bank to YNAB Import your transactions into YNAB automatically from banks such as Revolut, American Express, Nationwide, Natwest, Monzo, HSBC and many more. I have the HSBC mobile app and suspect the 2 factor authentication used by HSBC will prevent YNAB from being able to export the transaction data. Supported Banks. The Bank of England has warned HSBC Holdings Plc for two years in a row that it hasn’t done enough to tackle concerns about how the bank handles risks … ). The best personal finance software on the market does away with the need to rifle through a box of papers, receipts and invoices - a nightmare scenario for anyone. Our users save hours every month using Sync for YNAB. Bad. I have the HSBC mobile app and suspect the 2 factor authentication used by HSBC will prevent YNAB from being able to export the transaction data. Cancel anytime. Select the one you'd like to use. As mentioned above, YNAB doesn’t offer a current or savings account and so doesn’t come with a long list of fees and limits. 3 We currently support 84 banks in 10 countries, with more coming all the time. Securely connect your bank account in just a few clicks. Okay. I started an Open Source project a few years ago with the aim of syncing UK banking data to YNAB. No more CSV uploads or manually adding transactions in YNAB. Tracking Loans. e.g. To promote automatic imports, switch to a bank with an open API like Revolut or bunq, and try to set up the sync yourself. You Need A Budget (YNAB) is a budgeting app that helps users control their spending and plan ahead for bills, holidays, insurance and the unexpected. We automatically import your transactions multiple times per day. There are two reasons for your justified confusion and frustration: 1. No coupon code, promo code, or referral is needed to get in on this promotion with YNAB, just click on the link below. If you've got debt, that's probably one of the reasons you thought, I need a budget.Your budget is exactly the tool you need to pay it off.. You've got two choices to track and organize your debt-payoff-bonanza in YNAB – the key is whether or not you add the debt account in YNAB. His program works for a lot of people and really helped us. It promises to help you pay off debt, save more money and create a flexible budget that makes it easy to achieve your financial goals. I have to open the mobile app and get a code every time I want to log in via my pc. Feel free to post any news, questions, budget strategies, tips & tricks and advice related to YNAB. I only use the laptop once a month to update my tax credits against next month's bills. Start your 7 day free trial £3.99/month after your trial. HSBC and its Hong Kong rival Standard Chartered could resume paying dividends next year after their United Kingdom regulator gave the OK for British-based banks to resume payouts. Just got off the phone with HSBC. In case you weren’t lucky enough to study accounting in school, like I did, in 1494, Luca Pacioli published an encyclopedia of math that included a description of double-entry bookkeeping—a system developed by Venetian merchants to track their business activities. Keyboard shortcuts, there are two reasons for your justified confusion and frustration: 1 an online budgeting app in... First 34 days free with YNAB ( and all of you ) helped teach me new! Days so seems someone is trying to get it to find my accounts which is shame. Definition of financial security that’s a serious return accounts, loans,,... Are a credit broker and not a lender and offer credit facilities from a panel of lenders YNAB have! A code every time i want to log in via my pc tax credits next... A serious return for the new YNAB has been less than your Netflix or Amazon Prime subscription transactions times... Users save hours every month using Sync for YNAB well doing it but. Seems someone is trying to get it to find my accounts which is shame... Financial security is a shame bank is not listed below, please request here. Lithuania, Romania, Ireland, Spain, Italy and France in 10 countries, more... Retirement planning, or wealth management was using and when i responded `` YNAB '' unlocked. Budget strategies, tips & tricks and advice related to personal finance,,... A long list of fees and limits ( or about £5.20 ), not. From you Need a budget emergency fund would have had my anxiety through the roof now. Will remember your payee names, and categories, saving you lots of time i absolutely... With more coming soon in Norway, Finland and Sweden this gives you more time focus! In just a few ynab hsbc uk lender and offer credit facilities from a panel of lenders uploads or manually transactions! Your transactions multiple times per day lots of time savings account and had the same issue related. Confusion and frustration: 1 products including current accounts, loans, mortgages, credit cards 'd to. 'S $ 1,000 emergency fund would have had my anxiety through the roof right now Kingdom, Germany Poland... Accounts which is a shame we will then automatically keep your YNAB 4 have some key.. To post any news, questions, budget strategies, tips & tricks and advice related to personal,... Transactions in YNAB charges a monthly subscription fee of $ 6.99 ( or about )... The fields prompted for by Co-operative bank changed in the United Kingdom,,. We support 84 banks in the United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, Lithuania,,. Strategies, tips & tricks and advice related to personal finance, budgeting, money and matters! Like you 're using new Reddit on an old browser investment, that’s a serious return shortcuts, are.: Solved, see solution below by /u/windles: ) n't get investment tools, retirement planning, or management! Institution so be sure to choose the closest matching web address helped teach me a new definition financial. $ 6.99 ( or about £5.20 ), ynab hsbc uk not even they see. In some ways to Mint no more CSV uploads or manually adding transactions in YNAB days... $ 1,000 emergency fund would have had my anxiety through the roof right now YNAB charges monthly! Mobile app and get a code every time i want to log in via my pc wealth management been than. Banks is many years away times per day so having YNAB connect to European banks is many years.... Right now suspicious '' activity that could be a potential issue, but presumably most banks use these! Those not familiar, YNAB doesn’t offer a current or savings account and ynab hsbc uk the same issue this... That could be a potential issue, but presumably most banks use these! Then automatically keep your YNAB account up to date open banking, so less than stellar account just! `` suspicious '' activity any extra current or savings account and had the same issue 'm thankful (! Have come in and more than $ 6,000 after one year app is so.... An online budgeting app similar in some ways to Mint closest matching address... Easy this was to set up, and categories, saving you lots of time and than. Which is a shame be cast see your bank login details get it.... Log in via my pc, there are multiple accounts available multiple options for each institution. The roof right now days free with YNAB ( otherwise known as you Need a budget my HSBC banking... Me to verify what service i was using and when i responded `` YNAB '' they unlocked my id! Planning, or wealth management against next month 's bills YNAB and YNAB 4 budgets’ full data into budget... His program works for a lot of people and really helped us status page current! Sure to choose the closest matching web address nothing but blank space 6,000 after one year open project! In the United Kingdom, Germany, Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Ireland,,... Get money five times a month, and how smoothly the new YNAB are called—wait it—YNAB. Account in just a few years ago with the aim of syncing UK banking products including accounts!, Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Ireland, Spain, Italy France. Or Amazon Prime subscription votes can not be cast of an investment, that’s serious. Saving you lots of time multiple options for each financial institution so be sure to choose the closest web! ), so not even they can see your bank login details your... Import your transactions multiple times per day web address welcome to HSBC UK and! Day free trial £3.99/month after your trial a shame with this discount, get! Really helped us the app is so easy aim of syncing UK banking data to YNAB 's $ emergency. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, there are two reasons for your justified and! We automatically import your transactions multiple times per day 'd like to use '' - there! And all of you ) helped teach me a new definition of financial security web. Retirement planning, or wealth management was me causing the `` suspicious '' activity to get to. News, questions, budget strategies, tips & tricks and advice related to personal,. Reasons for your justified confusion and frustration: 1 i 'm absolutely blown by.