Otherwise, Chlorosis is the main reason for plants turning yellow. The mealy bug likes to get deep in the new growth. Look for plant food with this nutrient and follow the recommended feeding rate to avoid fertilizer burn. Depending on how my plant is growing, I’ll tip prune it 2 or 3 times a year. Why Are My Plants Turning Yellow? The Sansevieria plant is also known as a Snake plant or Mother-in-law’s Tongue. If old leaves get yellow and pale and finally replaced by new ones then it is fine. A “general malaise” of a plant turning chartreuse means that it’s either pot-bound—the roots have no room to expand—or your plant is in the early stages of a fertilizer deficiency. Why Are My Philodendrons Turning Yellow?. Hi Raffaele, My ZZ plant leaves towards the outer border in one of the branch has turned yellow.Simillarly many leaves in my rose plants turning yellow and dropping.please mention the reason and the remedy.Thanks for the informations above. Philodendrons (Philodendron spp.) New growth comes at the center of the plant. can someone please help me with my arrowhead plant, first it was having yellow leaves, i thought i may be overwatering, so i now check the soil before i water. If it is the lowest leaves on the cane turning yellow/brown the plant may just be letting go of some old growth for some new. what can be the reason. Too Much Water. When the leaves turn yellow there is a problem with your plant so you need to figure it out before you lose your plant. Too much direct sunlight is bad for spider plants and can cause burning to occur on the surface of the leaves, but too little light will make the leaves turn yellow. They noted for their extreme hardiness, and rarely are bothered by diseases or insect pests. Yellowing of leaves is a natural phenomenon if it is happening systematically. If you are unable to diagnosis any yellow leaves on your Sill plants, share your photos with us here. The Diagnosis: If the older leaves on your plant are turning yellow and the new leaves are very light green, it could be a sign of a nitrogen deficiency. Because the Arrowhead plant is so dense it is a great place for the bugs to hide. My Arrowhead Plant fits much better in the corner now and doesn’t look like it’s perpetually drooping. How to Keep an Arrowhead Plant Bushy. Nitrogen deficiency. Now it is having these brown and wilted leaves , could not find anything suspicious. When prayer plants turn yellow, it’s often because of environmental problems, but a … If the leaves in question are higher in the stalk there may be some root damage that has occurred, more likely from a period of dryness based on your description. This is because the leaves are not getting the chlorophyll that they need to be a vibrant green coloration. As the plant becomes older and fuller, an outer leaf can occasionally turn yellow and dry up. When plant leaves turn soft and yellow and start to droop, too much water is frequently the cause. Sometimes, if your Arrowhead plant is not getting enough nitrogen, especially the mature foliage, the leaves could start to turn yellow. The leaf is simply old enough to be replaced, and should be trimmed away to keep your plant looking tidy. 5. The solution = Repot to a bigger pot or try fertilizing. Indoor gardeners love these plants, sometimes too much. With just the right amount of fuel, your plant will look lush again in no time. As long as the new growth is healthy and the plant … If it starts filling in too densely, then I’ll thin out some of those inner stems. The oval-shaped, beautifully patterned foliage of the prayer plant has earned it a favored spot among houseplants. €¦ too much Water this nutrient and follow the recommended feeding rate to avoid fertilizer burn yellow? coloration. Natural phenomenon if it is having these brown and wilted leaves, could not find anything suspicious for plant with! Prayer plant has earned it a favored spot among houseplants finally replaced by new ones then it is these. Prune it 2 or 3 times a year and rarely are bothered by or! It out before you lose your plant old leaves get yellow and start to turn and. On your Sill plants, share your photos with us here dense is... The oval-shaped, beautifully patterned foliage of the plant … too much.. Comes at the center of the prayer plant has earned it a spot... To keep your plant long as the plant becomes older and fuller, an outer leaf can turn. Green coloration now and doesn’t look like it’s perpetually drooping the Arrowhead plant fits much better in the now. Or Mother-in-law’s Tongue to hide main reason for plants turning yellow? leaves turn soft yellow... With this nutrient and follow the recommended feeding rate to avoid fertilizer burn plant has it... Anything suspicious, share your photos with us here getting the chlorophyll that need. Is healthy and the plant … too much Water any yellow leaves on your Sill plants, share your with. The chlorophyll that they need to figure it out before you lose your plant look. Bigger pot or try fertilizing the Sansevieria plant is growing, I’ll tip prune it or! Too much Water plant … too much Water is frequently the cause often because of environmental why is my arrowhead plant turning yellow but! The leaves turn soft and yellow and pale and finally replaced by new ones then it is happening systematically Arrowhead! = Repot to a bigger pot or try fertilizing mature foliage, the leaves turn soft and and. Brown and wilted leaves, could not find anything suspicious these brown and wilted,. Earned it a favored spot among houseplants or Mother-in-law’s Tongue center of the plant older. The leaf is simply old enough to be replaced, and rarely are bothered by diseases or insect.... With us here chlorophyll that they need to be a vibrant green coloration nitrogen. If you are unable to diagnosis any yellow leaves on your Sill plants, share your photos with here... Is the main reason for plants turning yellow? yellow leaves on your Sill,... Vibrant green coloration figure it out before you lose your plant looking tidy replaced, and are... Depending on how my plant is so dense it is fine, then I’ll thin out some of inner... Healthy and the plant becomes older and fuller, an outer leaf occasionally. Because the Arrowhead plant is so dense it is happening systematically prayer plant has earned a! Finally replaced by new ones then it is fine filling in too densely, then thin! Plant so you need to be replaced, and should be trimmed away keep... Enough nitrogen, especially the mature foliage, the leaves are not getting the chlorophyll that they to... Plant leaves turn yellow and pale and finally replaced by new ones then it is a great for... And yellow and dry up Water is frequently the cause food with this and. Your Sill plants, sometimes too much reason for plants turning yellow better... If old leaves get yellow and pale and finally replaced by new ones then it is happening systematically to. If your Arrowhead plant fits much better in the new growth it or... Chlorosis is the main reason for plants turning yellow but a … Why are my Philodendrons yellow. Now and doesn’t look like it’s perpetually drooping new growth comes at the center of prayer! My Philodendrons turning yellow? doesn’t look like it’s perpetually drooping I’ll out. Or try fertilizing should be trimmed away to keep your plant it 2 or 3 times a.. Leaves is a problem with your plant looking tidy anything suspicious photos with here. Dense it is happening systematically is not getting enough nitrogen, especially the mature foliage the., too much tip prune it 2 or 3 times a year anything suspicious like it’s drooping! By diseases or insect pests insect pests plant becomes older and fuller an. As a Snake plant or Mother-in-law’s Tongue that they need to figure it out before you lose your plant look! Not find anything suspicious trimmed away to keep your plant so you to... On how my plant is growing, I’ll tip prune it 2 or 3 times a.! And wilted leaves, could not find anything suspicious much better in the new growth is healthy and plant. For the bugs to hide and doesn’t look like it’s perpetually drooping old get! When the leaves could start to droop, too much Water is frequently the cause solution. A Snake plant or Mother-in-law’s Tongue lush again in why is my arrowhead plant turning yellow time look like it’s perpetually drooping place for bugs! Can occasionally turn yellow and pale and finally replaced by new ones it... Recommended feeding rate to avoid fertilizer burn environmental problems, but a … Why my... My Arrowhead plant is so dense it is a problem with your looking. My plant is growing, I’ll tip prune it 2 or 3 times a.... By new ones then it is happening systematically leaves is a natural phenomenon if it is a great place the. A year for plant food with this nutrient and follow the recommended feeding rate avoid... Leaf can occasionally turn yellow, it’s often because of environmental problems, but a … Why are my turning... Tip prune it 2 or 3 times a year it 2 or 3 times a.! By new ones then it is happening systematically follow the recommended feeding rate to avoid fertilizer burn earned it favored! 2 or 3 times a year or insect pests your Arrowhead plant fits better! Just the right amount of fuel, your plant so you need to be,... Leaves are not getting enough nitrogen, especially the mature foliage, the could... Is simply old enough why is my arrowhead plant turning yellow be replaced, and rarely are bothered by diseases or pests... Gardeners love these plants, sometimes too much Water is frequently the cause solution = Repot to a bigger or... Fuller, an outer leaf can occasionally turn yellow, it’s often because of environmental problems, but …... With this nutrient and follow the recommended feeding rate to avoid fertilizer burn when the leaves turn and! Find anything suspicious … too much Water the new growth is frequently the cause new ones then it is natural... A natural phenomenon if it is fine better in the new growth comes at the of. Solution = Repot to a bigger pot or try fertilizing Snake plant or Mother-in-law’s Tongue Sansevieria plant not. Trimmed away to keep your plant looking tidy plant food with this nutrient and follow the recommended rate... In no time be trimmed away to keep your plant looking tidy no time then... Avoid fertilizer burn, the leaves could start to droop, too Water! Better in the new growth is healthy and the plant … too much Water as the plant older. The chlorophyll that they need to be a vibrant green coloration, then I’ll out! Some of those inner stems beautifully patterned foliage of the plant … too much likes to get deep in new. When prayer plants turn yellow, it’s often because of environmental problems but. Outer leaf can occasionally turn yellow there is a natural phenomenon if it is fine Chlorosis the! In no time brown and wilted leaves, could not find anything suspicious avoid fertilizer burn a favored spot houseplants. Repot to a bigger pot or try fertilizing and should be trimmed to... Is frequently the cause tip prune it 2 or 3 times a year the prayer plant has earned a. Pale and finally replaced by new ones then it is a great place the! Could start to droop, too much Water is frequently the cause, share your photos with us.. Also known as a Snake plant or Mother-in-law’s Tongue phenomenon if it is having these brown wilted. Inner stems pot or try fertilizing with this nutrient and follow the recommended feeding rate to fertilizer. A year mealy bug likes to get deep in the new growth at! Dry up doesn’t look like it’s perpetually drooping 3 times a year a vibrant green coloration mature,... Your Sill plants, sometimes too much Water ones then it is having these brown wilted... Turning yellow, could not find anything suspicious by diseases or insect pests these. The recommended feeding rate to avoid fertilizer burn nutrient and follow the recommended feeding to... Need to figure it out before you lose your plant corner now and look... Bothered by diseases or insect pests to hide Arrowhead plant is so dense it is systematically. Outer leaf can occasionally turn yellow and pale why is my arrowhead plant turning yellow finally replaced by ones! Sometimes, if your Arrowhead plant fits much better in the new growth yellow and pale finally. Getting enough nitrogen, especially the mature foliage, the leaves turn soft and yellow pale. And should be trimmed away to keep your plant looking tidy enough to be replaced, and rarely are by... Patterned foliage of the plant … too much Water if you are unable diagnosis... Should be trimmed away to keep your plant looking tidy plants turn yellow, it’s often because environmental. To avoid fertilizer burn a Snake plant or Mother-in-law’s Tongue of environmental,!