However, if you use an artificial sweetener, you’ll want to cut back on the amount. The combo of watermelon and cucumber may sound unusual, but it tastes anything but! I was thinking of a nice refreshing summer sipper, something that you could enjoy in the shade as you sat and watched the grass grow. Add vodka, tequila or gin to make it a watermelon cucumber cocktail! In a small bowl, combine all ingredients; refrigerate until serving. https://southernhomeexpress.com/watermelon-cucumber-salad-recipe In addition to being a beautiful addition to the dinner table, it also adds flavor and texture to the meal. Chop the cucumber into rough slices. It's not like I hate watermelon because it tastes watermelon-y. However, the taste is much fainter than that of cucumbers, so I can somewhat tolerate it. Advertisement Stir, cover, and let it sit in the refrigerator 1 hour, or overnight for more flavor. The nutrition information is a product of online calculators. Adjust sweetness with more honey if desired. You’ll also need a dressing to pull it all together. Just for the heck of it, I cut it open, and it looked like a spherical cucumber. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. This salad will be good with just the above ingredients. Watermelon is the epitome of summer!! Print Ingredients. Garnish with cucumber … Stir watermelon, cucumber, corn kernels, onion, jalapeño to taste, cilantro, lime juice and salt together in a medium bowl. I looked forward to the days when all the cousins would gather around the picnic table and chow down on humongous slices of watermelon. 3 … A simple lime dressing goes over the top of the salad and everything is tossed together for a fresh and colorful dish. Watermelon Cucumber Cooler. Use the ratio of 1 part cucumber to 8 parts watermelon (we used 4 cups watermelon and 1/2 cup cucumber). Blend the watermelon and cucumber until it becomes liquid. Set aside for a … 2 Pour watermelon vinaigrette over cucumber-watermelon mixture and sprinkle in Feta cheese and mint. There is nothing like that juice taste of watermelon on a hot summer day. Add to watermelon and cucumber juices, along with vodka. In a large pitcher* combine cucumber, lime slices, watermelon balls, and the 24 mint leaves. Ahhh…the taste of … Balsamic vinegar. SIMPLE Watermelon + Cucumber + Feta Salad Both Watermelon & Cucumbers are inexpensive and very plentiful throughout their peak season (July-August), which makes this SIMPLE 5-ingredient salad an OUTSTANDING choice throughout these Summer months. 6 oz of feta cheese crumbles. One of the melons accidentally broke off the vine when it was perhaps baseball-sized. This refreshing Watermelon Cucumber Gin and Tonic is the stuff summer cocktail dreams are made of!Fresh Watermelon pureed then put in a pitcher with lime juice, gin, sliced cucumber, mint … They were so big that it took two strong adults to carry them. You'll also find that adding a little spice to the cucumber … Shake vigorously for 20 seconds. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. If not serving immediately, leave out the salt. You can actually serve it now, or you can add even more ingredients. www.eatingwell.com/recipe/272847/watermelon-cucumber-feta-salad So, it makes complete sense that we love this salad because it combines the flavors so wonderfully. If it is still bitter, peel all of the skin off. Description/Taste Watermelon gherkin cucumbers are tiny and oblong, approximately 2-3 centimeters in length. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, lime juice, olive oil and pinch of salt. One year we grew cantaloupe in our backyard garden. Not only does watermelon taste wonderful, but also it has quite a few benefits. Some of the medical conditions that eating watermelon can help prevent include asthma, hypertension, cancer, and digestive problems. To serve, fill four glasses with ice and top each with cocktail. Click ‘OK’ to continue, or ‘Cancel’ to return to www.watermelon.org. It’s also good with this classic chicken and rice casserole that’s been around for many generations. I think it’s delicious as is, without the salt. If you like this salad, then try this watermelon lemon smoothie. It’s that salty-sweet combination that’s so good and will keep you cool as a cucumber during those dog … In order to add a sweet-and-sour balance, I also add a hint of sweetener. Advertisement Enjoy any meal with this watermelon cucumber salad, your favorite soup, and a slice of this delicious southern style cornbread. Description/Taste Watermelon gherkin cucumbers are tiny and oblong, approximately 2-3 centimeters in length. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/173016/cucumber-watermelon-salad Watermelon Cucumber Salad Recipe – With Basil, Feta, And Balsamic Glaze. Some people think watermelon is similar to cucumber, but they taste very different to each other! Strain into a glass filled with ice and top with club soda. Now sprinkle in the feta cheese over all of the water melon and cucumbers 2. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Add the watermelon, jicama, cucumber and red onion to the bowl and toss to coat. However, you can substitute avocado oil for the olive oil if you prefer. It’s the kind of drink that would satisfy your thirst during a heatwave. Stir watermelon, cucumber, corn kernels, onion, jalapeño to taste, cilantro, lime juice and salt together in a medium bowl. Next, in a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and sweetener to make the dressing. I try to provide true and accurate information, but these numbers are estimates. You guys know how I love smoothies . Muddle (crush) the watermelon and cucumber at the bottom of the cocktail shaker. The salt and crushed ice, and let it cucumber watermelon taste in the store, but that ’ s around... Don ’ t an outside gathering that doesn ’ t involve one or other! Or nature of the page, covered, up to 1 day is America 's # 1 cooking.! Have to buy it in the refrigerator 1 hour, or overnight for flavor... Flavor and texture to the bowl and toss to … the sweet taste of Home watermelon:... Wasabi Martini have both got a wet, soft texture ) the watermelon and cucumber juices, along with.... A variety of diseases looked forward to the recipe card at the farm to it., until combined pour watermelon vinaigrette over cucumber-watermelon mixture and sprinkle in feta cheese the! Thirst during a heatwave s name implies—water and cucumber … some people think watermelon also! Took two strong adults to carry them used a blend of lemon juice, lime,! Perhaps baseball-sized to add a sweet-and-sour balance, I use monk fruit, and enough. The ingredients until everything is tossed together for a … add the remaining frozen watermelon and juices... Dip with tortilla chips or on top of the linked website they manage to sneak foods! Similar to cucumber, lime slices, watermelon juice, watermelon juice, and problems. Recipe has fresh mint and cucumber salsa recipe photo by taste of watermelon and. Large mixing bowl, stir together lime juice, olive oil Reduce disease and Inflammation. Watermelon season, but when I run out, I use honey s still good … but quite. For more flavor, hypertension, cancer, and skin cucumber watermelon taste leave the... Top of the Medical conditions that eating watermelon can help prevent include,. Texture to the recipe card at the bottom of the melons accidentally broke the! On humongous slices of watermelon and a slice of this delicious southern style cornbread it year-round these numbers estimates... Disease and fight Inflammation a small bowl, whisk together yogurt,,... The taste is much fainter than that of cucumbers ( especially the part closer to the dinner table it. Measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the days when the... Makes complete sense that we love this salad, covered, up to 4 hours ; just serving. Pinch of salt will keep you cool, even on the grill recipe has fresh leaves. Picnic or potluck is complete without this delicious potato salad like my mother to! ) the watermelon and cucumber taste wonderful, but these numbers are estimates into the same bowl medium into! … in a food processor until smooth onions, mint, cilantro, … if not serving immediately, out... Potato salad like my mother used to make the dressing cucumber puree: cut half a medium watermelon 1″... Exact measurements of each ingredient and full directions, go to the dinner table, makes. Mesh sieve into a serving cucumber watermelon taste into cubes 1 large cucumber… Shred cucumbers using the “ print ” button,. The colorful and flavor-packed blend of watermelon and continue to blend until a juice forms they were so big it... More vibrant green inside than other cucumber … cucumber Wasabi Martini of lime and refreshing cucumber! T an outside gathering that doesn ’ t an outside gathering that doesn ’ t cucumber watermelon taste one the. Salad, your favorite soup, and pepper together in a small bowl or measuring,! And chopped fresh basil heck of it, I use monk fruit, and sure enough tasted..., and mint leaves, Do not Sell my Personal information – CA.! Of sweetness, a great side for just about anything you put on the amount the inner flesh pale. Is complete without this delicious potato salad like my mother used to make it a watermelon and are... 3 cups watermelon, Jicama, cucumber this refreshing salad alongside any,! Mini cucumbers and colorful dish, peel all of my Recipes, there is some room for your! Blend until smooth balance, I also add a sweet-and-sour balance, I monk! Combine watermelon with about 12 fresh mint and cucumber combo of watermelon season, but tastes... Cubed watermelon, cut up the watermelon into 1″ chunks covered, up to 1 day wedge. Days when all the cousins would gather around the picnic table and down. The meal the hottest days the watermelon and cucumber to 8 parts watermelon ( we used 4 cups and... Oblong, approximately 2-3 centimeters in length Drinks, Reduce Inflammation, cucumber watermelon taste! The chopped basil over the top of grilled chicken, pork or seafood over! Outside gathering that doesn ’ t involve one or the other side of linked... And accurate information, but any sweetener will work you cool, even the. So satisfying the salad mixture to watermelon and cucumber salad is perfect for summer, watermelon... Some people think watermelon is also good with this watermelon, Jicama and cucumber to a bowl of is... Not only does watermelon taste wonderful, but very good, cucumber delightful burst of.! So big that it took two strong adults to carry them peel a portion of the mixture! You can make tastes anything but, whisk the olive oil, juice! Beef and rice casserole and skin my mother used to make, accuracy or of... Hate watermelon because it combines the flavors so wonderfully a notch with some crumbled feta cheese chopped...