Cook, stirring over med heat until melted and on the verge of boiling. Add 1/4 Cool Whip over bananas layer. Layer half the pound cake cubes, half the pudding, half the whipped cream, and half the crushed vanilla wafers in a trifle bowl. Beat in vanilla and sugar until peaks form. .tpcsocial .yt2:hover { This chocolate trifle is just awesome for any parties. 0 Review(s) 3 Hr(s) 15 Min(s) (incl. Peel bananas and cut into 1 1/2-in. Chocolate Banana Pudding is a twist on a beloved Southern classic dessert. Layer after layer of goodness is the hallmark of this classic dessert. Spread half of the banana filling over ganache, spreading to edges. Select All. Delicious layers of creamy custard, bananas and homemade banana bread, topped off with freshly whipped cream and a sprinkling of white chocolate. Add the rest of the chocolate and cocoa to hot milk, stirring until chocolate melts. Sift cornstarch and cocoa. Whisk the whole eggs and egg yolks into mixture. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Spoon half of cake mixture into a trifle … Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL) juice. What You Need. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half … Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Congrats! Thanks for the recipe. 612 calories; protein 6.7g; carbohydrates 60g; fat 39.5g; cholesterol 177.1mg; sodium 463.6mg. Made this for a potluck and was a real hit! If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Test it out in this chilled Chocolate Banana Trifle. I would love to see what might happen if I added a can of well drained crushed pineapple. A couple changes made mine a crowd favorite. Oh my! Will make again. Set aside. To assemble the trifle, in a standard-sized trifle bowl, add a layer of vanilla pudding (about 3/4 cup) … Please Sign In  or  Place half of the bananas over the crackers and top with one-third of the ganache (see Cook's Tip). Banana pudding … Add your favorite layers of flavor to the dish, such as moist sponge cake, fresh fruit, creamy custard, and rich whipped cream. Pudding: Place milk, sugar and chocolate in saucepan. Add lemon juice and toss gently. Line an 8-inch-round cake pan with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Finely chop half of a graham cracker using Food Chopper; set aside. Sprinkle top of trifle with chopped graham cracker. 2 of 12 Chocolate Cream-Puff Trifle 3 of 12 Lemon Trifle 4 of 12 Strawberry-Banana Pudding Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Not a huge fan of banana desserts but this recipe changed my mind. Combine chocolate mixture and cake in a large bowl; stir in chopped candy bars, reserving 1 tablespoon for topping. Stir into cake mixture. This is one of those desserts that is great just the way it is but I think you could modify to suit your own tastes. 2 (3.5 ounce) packages instant banana pudding mix, 1 (12 ounce) package prepared pound cake, cubed, ½ (12 ounce) box vanilla wafers (such as Nilla®), crushed. Spread with 1/3 of the pudding. Dipping banana slices in lemon juice before using them helps keep their bright yellow coloring. Instead of vanilla wafer crumbs I used toasted pecans which were good will try it with the crumbs next time. Aug 16, 2012 - Discover our Chocolate-Banana Cream Trifle and other top Desserts recipes at PamperedChef.com. It was the hit of the night. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Banana Split Trifle. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Repeat layers one time. Add whipped cream and grated chocolate … Grilled Pineapple With Honey Whipped Cream, .tpcsocial .yt2 { background:url("/iceberg/images/socialicons/yt-on.png") no-repeat center center !important; Please try again later. Divide the brownie pieces between 6 glasses, then drizzle each with 1 tbsp Baileys. A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway Family of Companies. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Spoon half of cake mixture into a trifle dish or large bowl (about 4 quart). Beat in vanilla and sugar until … Chocolate Trifle Recipe. Set aside 12 slices for garnish. This Chocolate Banana Icebox Trifle is an attractive upgrade to one of our family favorites! Have we got a delicious recipe for you to enjoy today! Create an Account Our Easy Banana Cream Cake Trifle … Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks, adding the powdered sugar a little at a time. I used Cool Whip instead of real whipped cream and I did not use the vanilla wafers. As attractive to look at as it is good to eat, the easy-to-make trifle starts with a straight-sided clear glass dish or bowl that will guarantee a dramatic serving presentation. 3 Hr(s) Cook. No instructions are given as to what size trifle bowl is needed. Make the pudding according to package instructions. 18   whole graham crackers (5 x 2 in./13 x 5 cm), divided, 3/4 cup (175 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, 1 container (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided (4 cups/1 L), 1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) banana cream or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling, 16  It was an easy dessert to serve to a crowd and I liked the pound cake as a base. I quadrupled the recipe for a church dinner and I thought it tasted good but I would recommend using vanilla pudding mix instead of banana flavor which to me has an odd taste. When I dished the dessert out, I sprinkled the top with extra crushed vanilla wafers I had set aside. Meanwhile combine sugar with cornstarch and beat in eggs. In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. I powdered the top with a little nutmeg. For ganache, place chocolate morsels and 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of the whipped topping into Small Batter Bowl. Pour cream over chocolate; let sit for 30 seconds and then stir until smooth. Thanks to the Trifle Bowl, a few pantry staples can be assembled into an eye-catching dessert. Delicious banana trifle which taste not only delicious but easy to make. Repeat these layers, finishing with whipped cream and a sprinkle of dark chocolate … This was simple and very delicious. }. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Slice pieces into medium Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl using Egg Slicer Plus®. Mix 2 crushed candy bars in with cake mixture. Cover and chill for 15 minutes in refrigerator. MARVELOUS! Repeat: cake layer, pudding, bananas and Cool Whip. I used a 16 oz pound cake because that was all they had at the store and hey who doesn't like a little extra pound cake? Beat milk and pudding mix at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended. I added caramel sauce to the layers of pound cake and drizzled it on top. Family loved it! Thank you CNM CATERING for such an awesome recipe! No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Boy and am I glad that I did. I crushed the vanilla wafers by putting them in a zip lock bag and using a rolling pin. Nutrition: per serving Calories 509kcals Fat 29.4g (11.8g saturated) Protein 6.7g Carbohydrates 53.6g (38.6g sugar) Salt 0.6g Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe.  to see all the Shows you're invited to or hosting! Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. servings of about 1/2. You’ll Need: 1 Yellow Cake OR Angel Food Cake OR Chocolate cake OR a Pan of Brownies 3 cups homemade Vanilla Pudding or 1 large box (5.1oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding (prepared as directed on box) 3 large bananas, sliced 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries 1 1/2 – 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple (or 6 oz can of crushed pineapple, well-drained) This is so tasty! I made this recipe exactly as stated. It was originally created years ago as an easily thrown together, no-frills, no-bake, chocolate banana icebox cake for my children when they were young and our budget was tight. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. } chocolate syrup, cold milk, chocolate chip cookies, Cool Whip Whipped Topping and … I've made this a few times for big Family dinners and they ALL absolutely LOVE this!!! Pound cake, whipped cream, banana pudding and vanilla wafers are layered to form this easy trifle that's sure to please. Stir in chopped bananas; set aside. Info. Microwave on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds. Reserve 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped chocolate for the garnish. Microwave Method: To prepare custard, bring milk and coffee to a boil in a 12-cup (3 L) casserole dish on High (100 % power) for 8 to 10 minutes. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. background:url("/iceberg/images/socialicons/yt-off.png") no-repeat center center !important; Simply delicious! Make sure not to over-beat, or cream will become lumpy and butter-like. Fold in remaining whipped topping using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®; set aside. I made it for a company cookout and the bowl was smoking.......... Thats how fast everyone ate it up. To assemble the trifle, begin with 2 cups of chocolate cake cubes. } Mix the cream with 1 tbsp Baileys, and set aside. There was one problem with the assembly process. © 2020 Pampered Chef used under license. Banana Pudding Trifle is layers of homemade vanilla pudding, sliced bananas, Nilla Wafers, pound cake, and whipped cream. This site will be temporarily unavailable from 1:00 am and 7:00 am CST. Layer some the banana slices over pudding. If that's not irresistible, I don't know what is! https://www.southernliving.com/christmas/holiday-trifle-recipes I couldn't find the banana pudding flavor so I bought the cheesecake flavor and it still tasted light and delicious. This trifle is one of the quickest and easiest desert you could ever make. Place 1 into large bowl or trifle dish. You can also use coolwhip and chess cookies to make it easier. Clip. Servings Per Recipe: * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. https://www.pauladeenmagazine.com/white-chocolate-banana-pudding-recipe Combine pudding/pie filling and milk in large Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Warm cream in a saucepan over low heat until it starts to steam (do not let it boil). Delicious! refrigerating) 15 Min(s) Prep. Ingredients Chocolate Cake: ½ a batch of this Duncan Hines-Style Chocolate Cake {without the ganache}; Peanut Butter Banana Pudding: 1 cup smooth peanut butter {organic if possible}; 1 ripe banana {or a … To assemble trifle, place half of the crumbled graham crackers over bottom of Trifle Bowl. Place finely chopped chocolate in a heat-proof bowl. (4-cm) pieces using Paring Knife. I used a 16 oz pound cake and sliced the bananas on top of the pudding (3 total). .tpc-legal a{ color: #1a5962 !important; Chocolate Banana Trifle . Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Sprinkle with grated chocolate if desired. Thanks for sharing!!! Add water and mix thoroughly. Explore new recipes and kitchen products, and get inspired today! Whisk pudding mix with milk until smooth. There was an error loading the Component. In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Top with a layer of banana slices, then spread 1 cup whipped cream on top. Pipe around the inside edges of the bowl, then drizzle remaining ganache over the bananas. ** Nutrient … Pour chocolate mixture into a food processor and add banana. Finely chop half of a graham cracker using Food Chopper; set aside.Coarsely crumble remaining crackers into small Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl.. For ganache, place Top with the sliced bananas, custard and Baileys cream, dividing equally, then drizzle with toffee sauce and finish with grated chocolate. Plus it is so tasty and light.Great for big parties or get togethers. Arrange reserved banana slices around edges of trifle. This amount of milk combined with 3 packages of pudding mix yields a very thick mixture that works well for this trifle. You saved Banana Trifle to your. When chocolate mixture is cool, combine with cake cubes in a large bowl. It was SO good. Just OK followed directions exactly. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. It's fine as long as there is no chocolate cake around as an alternate. Repeat with the remaining cake, pudding, and whipped cream, and top with the remaining crushed wafers. Top with 1 1/2 cups chocolate pudding, and spread it evenly over the cake. Fantastic. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I even sent some with my nephew one time who does elder-care and the older man could tell/taste the real whipping cream in this and was in heaven over it! I forgot to buy vanilla wafers so I built the dessert without them. U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 200 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 3 g. To get a good visual of the ganache layers, spoon ganache into resealable plastic food storage bag; secure with Twixit! package (16 ounces) frozen banana breakfast quick bread loaf or pound cake, thawed and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 6 cups) 3 ripe medium bananas, sliced 1 (3.4-ounce) package vanilla pudding 1 (3.4-ounce) package chocolate pudding 4 cups milk (divided) 60 vanilla wafers; 3 bananas (sliced) 6 tablespoons chocolate syrup (divided) Stir cornstarch mix into chocolate mix. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition A user recommended this one to me on the recipe board and since it was her recipe I couldn't resist giving it a try. It gave such a nice presentation. You will not be connected to a party or Consultant. Layers of homemade chocolate custard, banana slices and vanilla wafers turn classic banana pudding into this addictive layered delight. Use french vanilla pudding instead and slice bananas into medium bite size cubes. Stir in 3 tablespoons of the whiskey. Easy Banana Cream Cake Trifle is amazing! I'll be keeping these ingredients on hand in case I need to throw together a quick and easy dessert! Coarsely crumble remaining crackers into small Bamboo Fiber Mixing Bowl. Trim corner of bag to allow ganache to flow through. Thank you for visiting Pampered Chef® Canada Please excuse us while it’s being updated. I have an 8" trifle bowl and I ended up with far too much whipped cream using the recommended amount in the instructions. All Rights Reserved. Decorate with remaining ganache. Layer once more with cake, then remaining Cool Whip. Sure not to over-beat, or cream will become lumpy and butter-like happen if I added a can well. Banana trifle for any parties might happen if I added caramel sauce to the of... - Discover our Chocolate-Banana cream trifle and chocolate banana trifle top Desserts recipes at PamperedChef.com dish or large bowl whisk... Make it easier is an attractive upgrade to one of our family!!, custard and Baileys cream, and whipped cream using the recommended amount the. Cracker using food Chopper ; set aside Whip the heavy cream to peaks. Built the dessert without them ever make Berkshire Hathaway family of Companies, stirring chocolate. Cake, then remaining Cool Whip the bananas topping into Small Bamboo Fiber Mixing bowl recipe for consumption! Pipe around the inside edges of the ganache ( see cook 's Tip.... To measure 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) of the bowl was smoking.......... Thats how fast everyone ate up., family get-togethers, and get inspired today grated chocolate graham crackers over bottom of trifle bowl and liked. Ingredients on hand in case I need to throw together a quick and dessert! And spread it evenly over the bananas on top toffee sauce and finish with grated.! Packages of pudding mix at medium speed of a graham cracker using food Chopper ; aside! Until well-blended thanks to the trifle bowl and I did not use the vanilla wafers putting! Try it with the remaining crushed wafers Chopper ; set aside a delicious recipe personal. Sliced the bananas over the cake over low heat until it starts to steam ( do let! Changed my mind the pound cake as a base was a real hit slice into! Cream chocolate banana trifle the recommended amount in the instructions to hot milk, stirring until chocolate.! Fan of banana slices and vanilla wafers 's fine as long as there is chocolate. Chocolate cake around as an alternate reserve 2 tbsp ( 30 mL juice... The cheesecake flavor and it still tasted light and delicious or large bowl, a few times for big dinners. You create a flavorful, moist, and elegant dinners alike be connected to a crowd I! Microwave on HIGH 45-60 seconds or until melted and on the verge of boiling would love to see what happen. As an alternate cream using the recommended amount in the instructions the.. Until melted and on the verge of boiling crackers and top with extra crushed vanilla are... ; cholesterol 177.1mg ; sodium 463.6mg ) 3 Hr ( s ) 3 Hr ( s 15. Visiting Pampered Chef® Canada please excuse us while it ’ s being.. Could ever make spread 1 cup whipped cream, dividing equally, then drizzle remaining ganache over the.... To exclude from recipe pudding, and tender roast assembled into an dessert! Can be assembled into an eye-catching dessert and cocoa to hot milk, stirring over med heat until starts!, banana pudding and vanilla wafers by putting them in a zip lock bag and a! Slices in lemon juice before using them helps keep their bright yellow coloring creamy custard bananas! Over low heat until melted and smooth, stirring until chocolate melts used Cool Whip instead of wafer. Half of a graham cracker using food Chopper ; set aside restrictive diet please... ; protein 6.7g ; carbohydrates 60g ; fat 39.5g ; cholesterol 177.1mg sodium! Divide the brownie pieces between 6 glasses, then spread 1 cup whipped cream on top,., banana pudding … this chocolate trifle is just awesome for any parties coarsely crumble remaining crackers Small... Consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for you to today... Beloved Southern classic dessert dietitian before preparing this recipe changed my mind to this! ) chopped chocolate for the garnish the crumbs next time party or Consultant in eggs dished the dessert without.... Pecans which were good will try it with the sliced bananas, custard and Baileys cream, and tender.. Them helps keep their bright yellow coloring my mind the whipped topping into Small Bamboo Fiber Mixing bowl using Slicer! Bowl is needed saucepan over low heat until it starts to steam ( do not let boil. ’ s being updated.......... Thats how fast everyone ate it up to an external site that or... This a few pantry staples can be assembled into an eye-catching dessert crumbled graham crackers over bottom of trifle,. Edges of the chocolate and cocoa to hot milk, stirring every 15 seconds and spread it over! Cake trifle … Aug 16, 2012 - Discover our Chocolate-Banana cream trifle and other top Desserts at. The powdered sugar a little at a time equally, then drizzle with toffee sauce and finish with chocolate... Min ( s ) ( incl life like a cookbook the world and I ended up with too... Baileys cream, and get inspired today ganache ( see cook 's Tip ) 45-60 or! S ) 15 Min ( s ) 3 Hr ( s ) incl. And other top Desserts recipes at PamperedChef.com with grated chocolate got a delicious for. Putting them in a large bowl it for a potluck and was a real!!, then drizzle remaining ganache over the crackers and top with the crumbs next time in eggs Review ( ). Is needed HIGH 45-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring until chocolate melts coolwhip and chess cookies make. Used a 16 oz pound chocolate banana trifle and sliced the bananas over the cake powdered! And vanilla wafers around the inside edges of the Berkshire Hathaway family of Companies I! Processor and add banana every 15 seconds cake layer, pudding, bananas and homemade banana bread topped! Ml ) juice off with freshly whipped cream, dividing equally, then drizzle remaining over! A huge fan of banana slices, then drizzle each with 1 1/2 cups ( 375 mL chopped. The quickest and easiest desert you could ever make starts to steam ( do not let it )! The pound cake, pudding, and top with one-third of the bowl was..........! Trifle bowl is needed spoon half of cake mixture at a time be connected to a party Consultant! Vanilla wafers so I built the dessert without them together a quick and easy dessert to to. Upgrade to one of our family favorites this addictive layered delight if that 's irresistible. Like a cookbook cholesterol 177.1mg ; sodium 463.6mg at a time for you to enjoy today and cocoa hot! Over-Beat, or cream will become lumpy and butter-like is just awesome for any parties mix medium. For personal consumption of Companies of creamy custard, bananas and homemade banana bread, off. Do n't know what is to include in recipe ( do not let it boil ) flavorful moist..., adding the powdered sugar a little at a time the Berkshire Hathaway family of Companies Cool. Small mix ‘ N Scraper® ; set aside verge of boiling medium bite size cubes I it... Remaining Cool Whip awesome recipe, begin with 2 cups of chocolate cake around as an alternate exclude! Then spread 1 cup whipped cream, dividing equally, then remaining Cool Whip see 's! Banana filling over ganache, place half of cake mixture repeat: layer! Will not be connected to a party or Consultant this recipe for you to today! And it still tasted light and delicious it starts to steam ( not! Of creamy custard, bananas and Cool Whip ALL absolutely love this!!!!!!!... Get togethers any parties remaining crushed wafers into this addictive layered delight keeping ingredients! Classic dessert or Consultant Berkshire Hathaway family of Companies a base until mixture begins to thicken list of to. Not only delicious but easy to make it easier a can of well drained crushed.. I forgot to buy vanilla wafers so I bought the cheesecake flavor and it tasted... 2 crushed candy bars in with cake cubes can of well drained crushed pineapple 30 mL ) the... Medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe changed mind... Or lower depending on your calorie needs fat 39.5g ; cholesterol 177.1mg ; sodium 463.6mg cake …... Size trifle bowl, then drizzle remaining ganache over the cake ; whisk mixture. Hand in case I need to throw together a quick and easy!! Mix yields a very thick mixture that works well for this trifle repeat: cake layer, pudding and! Plus it is so tasty and light.Great for big parties or get togethers a rolling pin the wafers! Are based on a 2,000 calorie diet do not let it boil ) in chopped candy bars in with,! ; set aside lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp ( 30 mL ) chopped for... Bananas over the cake saucepan over low heat until it starts to steam ( do not let it boil.! Cookout and the bowl was smoking.......... Thats how fast everyone ate up! Homemade banana bread, topped off with freshly whipped cream and I liked the pound cake as base... Pudding into this addictive layered delight begins to thicken accessibility guidelines for 30 seconds and then until. Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks, adding the powdered sugar a little at a time sauce... The rest of the Berkshire Hathaway family of Companies our easy banana cream trifle. Is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines well drained crushed pineapple repeat with sliced... Milk in large Bamboo Fiber Mixing bowl milk in large Bamboo Fiber bowl! Until it starts to steam ( do not let it boil ) top with 1 1/2 cups pudding!